HELP REALLY ITCHY SKIN!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinkgirl, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl New Member

Sorry I haven't been around much, I've been really busy with school lately and just haven't had a lot of time... I REALLY REALLY need your help now!!!

For the past week or so I have been itchy from head to toe, literally! In between my toes, my calves, my scalp, EVERYTHING!!! I'm almost at my wit's end!

There is nothing visibly wrong with my skin... it doesn't look dry, there aren't any spots and I haven't changed my soap or anything else recently... I haven't been using lotion lately, I tried over-lotioning for a while, with tons of different lotions, but nothing helps... I've been air drying after my baths, and taking Benadryl doesn't help it at all... I just doen't know what else to try!

It's the type of itchiness that wakes me up at night! And on top of that I have been scratching in my sleep so my skin is all ripped up in certain areas, which just makes it worse!

Any help you can give me will be appreciated, believe me! I thank you, my poor skin thanks you!
    Love
  2. Vickie79

Vickie79 New Member

I too itch all the time I have beed told by my dr. that this is part of the fibro I wish i knew waht to do too.I f you find a cure leet me know
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I take a bath with an oatmeal soak.

You can buy it at any drug store or Wal-Mart and I have seen it at heath food stores.

I do this once a month helps me with the itches.

I don't have a package right now I'm out .Brain Foggggg cant remember the name for the life of me.

Ill be getting more this week.When I see the package Ill know.

Ill post the name of it here .But I do believe any brand would work.

Sue
  4. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hi Pinkgirl!

Are you currently taking any sort of meds with opiate products in them? One of the side-effects listed for this sort of drug is itching. When I was given morphine following surgery in the hospital (last year) I began itching like crazy.

Also with the weather getting cooler, your skin may be reacting to the dryness. Oatmeal (as mentioned in a previous post) is great for relieving the itching.

Sure hope you find a solution!

Janice
  5. daffyduck123

daffyduck123 New Member

I do itch, mostly on my back which means I need a lot of door posts to rub against. My arms won't reach and they ache when I try. Tis a pest but it is not happening all the time. Sometimes a finger will get real itchy or the sole of my foot. I would cetainly hate to have it all over.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2005]
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I recently posted a message about all the itching I've been having. Unlike you, the Benedryl has helped with the itching. I've had this problem for years, but it's really bad right now. If I'm not careful, I can itch until it bleeds. Sometimes I find blood spots on my sheets in the morning so I know I itch during my sleep.

I tried calling my dermatalogist on Friday, but their office was closed so I left a message. I feel this is probably because of the FMS, but am hopeful he can give me something to help. I don't want to permanently scar my skin and the itching does drive you crazy! I have it on my back, arms and thighs right now. I am thankful I've never had it on my face. I have always been sensitive to perfumes so am careful to buy products that are unscented.

If the dermatalogist can't help me, I will look into the oatmeal soak that another person here suggested. Like you, I am willing to try anything! Good luck.

Ellen
  7. cwilson

cwilson New Member

I itch all over too.
    Aveeno oatmeal bath soak and lotions help a lot.

Good luck.
    Carmen

PS. Wal-mart seems to be the cheapest. but that lotion and soaks are pricy but they help me.