Help really sick!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RocRGurl, Sep 8, 2002.

1. RocRGurl

RocRGurl New Member

Hello all You may have seen me around as MeMeJamz just a change in email thats all. I went to a neurologist for my headaches and the idiot said they were rebound headaches!!!!
    I also have Sjogrens syndrome so I take advil for my partoid gland pain. He took me off pamelor cold no less and made me take my zoloft in the day which mad me more tired and gave me Topamax its an anti seizure med used for migraines. Well needless to say I am going back to my pamelor and zoloft at night. I also take benedryl to sleep I have allergies so I kill 2 birds with one stone. Any suggestions for the headaches would be greatly appreciated and any one who has sjogrens also let me know what you do.
    The pamelor doesnt seem to work as well as the elavil I am tempted to go back to it but I Dont want to gain the weight back I have lost. thanks for all your help I would be lost without you!!! With lots of Love Michelle
  2. RocRGurl

RocRGurl New Member

Hello all You may have seen me around as MeMeJamz just a change in email thats all. I went to a neurologist for my headaches and the idiot said they were rebound headaches!!!!
    I also have Sjogrens syndrome so I take advil for my partoid gland pain. He took me off pamelor cold no less and made me take my zoloft in the day which mad me more tired and gave me Topamax its an anti seizure med used for migraines. Well needless to say I am going back to my pamelor and zoloft at night. I also take benedryl to sleep I have allergies so I kill 2 birds with one stone. Any suggestions for the headaches would be greatly appreciated and any one who has sjogrens also let me know what you do.
    The pamelor doesnt seem to work as well as the elavil I am tempted to go back to it but I Dont want to gain the weight back I have lost. thanks for all your help I would be lost without you!!! With lots of Love Michelle
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Just what kind of headaches are you having? I have suffered with migrains, cluster and sinus type.

I took half the drugstore for years, but really didn't get any real help.

I read a book about 8 months ago called: 'ABC of Asthma, Allergies and Lupus' by F. Batmanghelidj, MD. Web address;
    www.watercure.com

I started drinking half my weight in ounces of water(and take a fourth of a teaspoon of sea salt through out the day) a day, after about three weeks I had fewer and fewer headaches, now if I do get one, they only last a few hours, where as before they lasted for days at a time.

My allergies have improved tremendously also. The only ones I still have problems with are chemicals.

Before reading the book, I did not drink water except for taking a pill, never just drank a glass of water.

According to this doctor we are dehydrated, and by being so we get headaches, and all kinds of other ailments. Well, I don't know about all the other things, but I do know that my headaches and allergies are way down since I started the water and salt.

It does not cost anything, so maybe you might want to give it a try. I feel 100% better without those awful headaches.

Shalom, Shirl

4. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

Do you drink bottled water? Just wondering since you are drinking so much of it. I've been concerned about water quality and wondering what everyone else does. Jo

Whoops, sorry RocRgirl, didn't mean to ignore your post. I hope you can find some answers. Oftentimes we have to research some of these things out for ourselves and find the answers. I would consider finding another Doc if you are not happy with this one. Either way, it's all hard to do. We're all pulling for ya, kiddo. Hang in there. Jo
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2002]
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I often wake up with SICK, SICK, SICK headaches in my occipital area (in the back, lower part of my head) and I cannot lie down; I hafta pace or sit and rock back and forth. The only thing that takes these away is 3 aspirin and 1/2 a vivarin (caffeine) pill! In 10-15 minutes, I can stand it and then it goes away. If I can take this, in spite of the vomiting, I feel so much relief. I ALWAYS get awakened by these~~I never get them during the day.
    Be well,
    Kady
  6. nje

nje New Member

I ALSO SUFFER FROM MIGRANES,TOK EVERYTHING,EVEN NARCOTIC MEDS DIDN`T HELP,SO THIS NEW DRUG TAT HAD JUST CAME OUT, MY REGULAR DOC. GAVE ME SOME SAMPLES FIRST, TO SEE HOW IT WORKED, WELL ITS THE BOMB FOR A MIGRANE,YOU TAKE IT AT THE ONSET OF A HEADACHE,NOT WHEN ITS FULL BLOWN,ITS GONE BEFORE IT GETS STARTED. ITS EXPENSIVE,BUT IF YOU HAVE GOOD INSURACE OR A CO-PAY MEDICINE CARD,YOU`RE IN LUCK,BECAUSE WITHOUT INSURANCE 5 PILLS COST 100.00, I KNOW I WAS WITHOUT INSURACE FOR 3 MONTHS WHEN MY HUSBAND CHANGED JOBS AND IT TOOK 90 DAYS TO GET IT STARTED,SO NOW I CAN GET 30 FOR 25.00 BIGGGG DIFFERENCE,HUH? ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THEM,ALL IT WILL SAVE YOU IS FROM HAVING THOSE HORRIBLE HEADACHES.BYE AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I had a masseuse teach me how to get rid of headaches many years ago, and the method still works for me. Sit in a comfortable high-back chair. Lean your head back and close your eyes. Take your index or middle finger and feel around in the hollow between the bottom of your ears and the base of your jaw. The spot you want to find is a little lump on each side. It will feel like a large pea or a small marble. Now for the fun part. Press on this lump HARD, and slowly rotate your fingers in a small circle on top of the node. By hard, I really do mean press until it hurts! Put a piece of ice in your mouth if it hurts too much. Keep up the pressure & slow rotating for 2 minutes. At the end of the 2 minutes, your headache will be gone.
    Kathryn