HELP - Restless Leg Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tulip922s, Aug 30, 2003.

1. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I have gone quite awhile since this Restless Leg Syndrome has bothered me, the last couple of weeks have been he$$. I got some ZMA from this site and started it 6 days ago. Had a couple of pretty good nights and then BAM, last night I've been up since 2 AM.

Anyone else taking ZMA know how long before it fully kicks in?

Any other suggestions would be welcomed. Tulip
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Took the ZMA about 10 days to 2 weeks to really kick in. Have been taking it now for 18 months, no more RLS! What a relief.

Give it a little time, its not like meds, it takes awhile to get into the system.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

is Zanaflex. when it flares up I take 2mg before bed time and it helps me sleep and keeps the movements to a minimum. Jackie
  4. jka

jka New Member

my rheumy put me on mirapex. within a few days-no more restless legs/arms.it's worked wonders for me.
    kathy
  5. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

It is reassuring to know that ZMA may take a little bit,,,guess this thing just got to me, as I am usually a little more patient.

I too take Zanaflex 4 mg when it gets real bad,,,ususally knocks me out and puts in a coma for the night. I did take some last night when I had the "first signs" of RLS and I did much better. I guess it's best not to wait until the pain is out of control.

Best of luck to all. Tulip
  6. sanlee

sanlee New Member

Hi
    Is Zanaflex a muscle relaxant? I tried cyclobenzaprine and boy I felt crappy the next day. Klonipin (Clonazipam) used to work for RLS but not as effective now. I'm going to see doc next week.
  7. I just read a short article that they are having great results with neurontin for RLS.