Help!! Restless legs are too restless

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roostergrl, Apr 23, 2003.

1. roostergrl

roostergrl New Member

I have been taking Zanaflex for several years for restless legs and it has always worked. All of a sudden it is no longer working for me. Especially on days when I have taken a walk or been a little more active than usual. I will have restless legs while sitting in a chair, driving, or as everyone who has it, trying to sleep. It has lasted for days now and I don't know what to do. I will see my doctor tomorrow, but thought I might ask if anyone out there has anything that helps them.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to our world. I had the restless leg problem during the night, it would wake me up.

Since I started taking magnesium it has stopped completely.

A lot of the members here do take Klonopin, and it works well for them, but I avoid meds as much as possible.

Hope you find something that helps you soon.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

Klonipin. It depends on how bad it is bothering you on the dose you need. I started out on .05mg and it did help so the doc gave me 1-2mg at night. I have had great success with it. I find it very helpful when I have flare ups.
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

I also have RLS and I take Sinemet for it. I was prescribed this from the OHSU Fibromyalgia Clinic. I also take Zanaflex at night but I haven't noticed the Zanaflex helping the RLS.

Dara
  5. cara

cara New Member

I had restless legs for years like crawling up my legs it was always when I was really tired and used to drive me nuts.

I started taking Magnesium OK. It took some months but I don't have it anymore unless I really overdo it.

Hope it helps.