HELP!!!! Scared!Need some support today, feel so bad.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just so I don't go nuts today...DH said write to the board. Woke up at 3.00am with a migraine from shoulders to ceiling . Think I brought it on overdoing it at the Pilates class I tried. ANYWAY, It was so bad I felt as if I was levitating. The migraine "went away"(is now just headache) after meds, Epsom Salt baths and massage with Deap Heat, about an hour ago(so that was about a ten hour session at top pain.) I now feel trembly all over, panickey,look grey faced, still groggy, floaty. DH said I have forgotten how bad migraines leave one feeling as it has been about a year since I had one, and since then the FM/CFS/Vertigo has been taking most of my time. Can someone tell me how long I'll be feeling shakey as if recovering from a shock? Is this usual? I feel a bit scared by it today. Strangely, the FM is better than it has been in a while-go figure-maybe the extra meds? Any Support would be appreciated. Love Anne
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Anne,

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience! My Dr. sent me to phys. therapy for arthritis, and one therapist was very kind, and I was moving very slowly and gently.

Then he went on vacation, and the other therapist pushed me so hard, or made me feel like such an idiot when I kept telling her I have CFS that I was in tears, and so much pain on the way home.

I don't know about FM, but cfs I think works better with slow, very gentle exercise, like yoga, QiGong, or the Ydan that Jeanne- in- Canada has a thread on.

AND, I ended up healing my osteoarthritis, bursitis, and plantar tendonitis with glucosamine chondroiton, Sam-E and other supplements over a 10 month period.

How are you feeling now? Are you resting well?

I hope your pain level is down.

Sending very gentle((hugs))
    Judy
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Anne:
    I just posted 'Non-Stop Pain'.
    Without the migraine I know how you feel. I hurt all over and can get no relief. Listen, if you can pull through it I will do my best too. It is a group thing. I identify with you totally. I have been crying all day and I never, never do that to this extent. You feel better, too. It is like 'Sisters in Misery'. Oh, well.
    Hugs,
    nyroFan
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Drink lots of fluids...maybe it'll flush things out!!
  5. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

just wan't to say I care and hope you feel better soon.
  6. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I am worried about the grey face, and feeling groggy... You might be cyanotic, not getting enough oxygen, or poor circulation..... I think you should notify your Dr. if not better soon........
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

......last week trying a Yoga video. I was in pain that night and the next day. I know it seems OK at the time but we find out the hard way that we really have to go slow.

I have felt a litle like you after I take a lot of meds and have severe pain. I expect you will be better by tomorrow. If you're not, though, or anything else strange happens,take the advice and check it out.

Take Care
    Kathy

8. code34me

code34me New Member

Anxiety hits me hard when I am feeling realy bad! I can feel so bad that I think it is something else wrong with me. I think there is no way that anyone can feel this much pain and this bad and not be terrible sick like terminal. Then I get soooo shakey feeling, like I have to hold on to the counters just to stand up. I feel sick to my stomach out of touch with everything! My stomach goes crazy too! And then I take my anxiety med and in a little while I feel like okay I just might make it though this? And then I am amazed at how physically sick I felt and the anxiety med made it better? Anxiety is a crazy thing to me! Just something to take into consideration? Codey
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

feel a little better, though still very shakey. Thank you for your advice and help. There is a Convenient Care center about 2 mins from here and if I am not feeling better tonight I think I will let them take my oxgen levels etc. I had that once before years ago ,cyanosis. I do think maybe it was a combination of all of the above-over doing it, then taking meds, not feeling like eating when I felt so ill, plus losing it from the other end too. I am drinking water and DH made a nice quiche for dinner,first food, so maybe I was getting hypoglycemic as well. I will just stick to my gentle stretching- dance twice a day and my walking and swimming for now. That nice Sports doc I saw told me, "Lower your thermostat, stop trying to lead a normal life when you are in pain like this, listen to your body and rest!" I should have taken his advice, but one feels like such a loser. I already feel badly about not having enough energy for my 11 year old, and I am an older mom, so maybe that would be true anyway, but it is just thinking I should be getting better quicker, as I have in the past. Then this friend of mine, who is totally into "oils" beats me about at times, as rather than sympathize with my illness, she keeps saying that we all cause our own illnesses, which I think is cr-p, this thing about blame,she said "What do you expect if you take chemicals" - I only took Excedrin! but it makes me feel bad. Some friend. Anyway, despite that she looks awful, not healthy at all, she just doesn't tell the truth about how she really feels(GOD, did I say that, where did all THAT resentment come from?)I always led a healthy organic lifestyle, and yet I still got this DD it was not my fault,
    it is just this fad of telling everyone we can control it all, when really sometimes, many things are genetic, or look at the people who worked in labs and nursing, and I was counseling patients in hospitals a lot, and we all seem to have gotten this DD-it is like blaming someone for getting killed crossing a road just because someone ran a red light. Anyway, I am upset a bit right now, so I should lie down. But I must be feeling better as I feel defensive. Than you for being the sort of friends who really cared to check in on me, thank God for this board. Love Anne
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm so glad that you're feeling a bit better.

Stretching, dance, walking, swimmimg!!! Man, if I could do HALF of that I would be so pleased.

The "philosophy" of your friend is one that really makes me angry - big time! What about pollution, all the chemicals out there in the world that we can't control, etc. etc.

I had someone that told me if I had the right kind of faith I would be cured. After a while, I completely cut that person out of my life after repeatedly saying to NOT ever say things like that to me!!!

And your children what do they really need but love, attention, admiration; there are a million ways that you can do that!!! Exactly as you are.

Please let us know how you feel today and tomorrow - I was very concerned throughout today about your bad reaction.

Sending lots of blessings.
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2006]
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

thank you all for your advice and support. I am feeling so much better-just cannot sleep now! I think it did me good to tell about my friend getting on my case. I worry about her too as she has just gotten so hooked into this "oils cures all" thing and condemning about all else/everything is wrong but her view. Thanks for cheering me re mt parenting(it is a boy I have by the way, not daughter-I have three sons and always wanted a daughter!

I also called my plumber who just put in the furnace. At the time he said he could do a whole house humidifier and we said no, but I called and said come and do it, because it does get dry here in Upstate New York indoors with heat going. I normally have hot water heat and this is forced air, and you are so right, I am not used to that, plus the fan going on and off all night bothers me. Plus that scared feeling we get, that we have something else wrong, just knowing one is not alone thinking that way

You all made me feel so much better, taking the time to reply, and Mabel, when you are having your surgery (today) too, God Bless you. Thank you all. Much Love, Anne
  12. kch64

kch64 New Member

Just wanted to wish you well.

K.