help send my beautiful MacKenzie to Heaven tomorrow afternoon.....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Debra49659, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

My 12 year old Golden Retriever is being put to sleep tomorrow. She has shared with us her love and companionship and we are going to miss her soooo much!

I know that when she reaches heaven she will leave behind her pain, and will enjoy all the romping and gourmet meals, not to mention all the love from God's hand.

I will try to leave my tears at the doctor office....and begin a celebration when we bury her in her favorite field at home.

Oh....my girl I watch you sleeping as I type this...tears in my eyes. My friends please give me strength. And pray for my little red girl....Kenzie xoxoxo

Deb
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You are being such a courageous and compassionate best friend to your dear Kenzie. I wish I could think of something to say but I just don't know how we get through this; I just know that, somehow, we do.

Peace and strength to you,
    Rafiki

3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I have a Golden right now. I dread the day that he goes. He's only six, but I'm told because of his size, he's huge, that he may not make it to ten. He's already limping because of the arthritis. He weighs in the low 80 lb. area. My Grizz. He has the massive big square head. Beautiful dogs...always smiling.
    I've had one dog that needed to be put to sleep. I can truly feel your pain. I also believe that we will have our pets with us again some day.
    I pray that you can get through this as easily as possible, knowing that your Kenzie isn't hurting any longer. I pray that you can picture her happier where she will be waiting for you, with that great big Golden smile.
    Love, Cynthia
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm so sorry! Praying for you for tonight and tomorrow. I went through the same thing with my "one and only dog" - my best friend from teen-age years on. Their love is so true and powerful.

Your Kenzie will surely be free from pain, and happy and loved in heaven. You will be re-united someday also. God created our dogs - their natures - and loves each one so well!

I am honored to join in prayer for your beloved Kenzie.

Judy
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Oh Deb,
    I'm so sorry! It's alfull losing our sweet babies! My heart goes out to you.

Kbak
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Mackenzie is running through the fields of heaven. Our house still feels so much smaller without her sharing her love with us all. We still have my little poodle Toby and beautiful cat Gizmo.

We are all feeling a little lost and confused. I looked up and saw the brightest star ever....I am so sure that is Kenzie.

Thanks to all of you for your kindness and love.....thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Bless you all!
    Deb
  7. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Your precious baby will be waiting for you at The Rainbow Bridge.
    She will be watching for you.

When she sees you coming, she will run to meet you, and you both can
    cross The Rainbow Bridge together.

I am so sorry for your loss. I love all fur babies dearly.
    I have twelve year old cat that I know will be gone in a few
    more years and I know that I will be devastated when that
    happens.

God Bless.
    (cathugs)
  8. springwater

springwater Active Member

What wonderful years you must have spent with her! And how lucky she was to have a caring mistress like yourself for all those years. And now, she leaves for an even better place. That thought will carry you through the inevitable pain of losing her and i know the pain is great, sharp; it always is in the beginning.

I miss every one of my pets whom i have loved and then lost thru the years..now when i think of them, there is still sadness but more stronger are the memories of the good times had with them and the gratitude i feel for having had them to share my life with.

Praying for Mckenzie and for yourself.

God Bless
  9. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I've been dealing with bad migraines and I see the neurologist tomorrow.

McKenzie was so fortunate to have you and not enough animals have owners that are just absolutely the best owners like you, Debra. She had many good years and lots of good times. I'm crying right now because I just went through recently thinking I was going to lose my beloved cat Cesar. Cesar rallied and came through, but I'm glad that when his time comes, he'll have McKenzie there to meet him. Many prayers, many hugs and I'm so sorry.
  10. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

again for all you support. You have all been so kind a supportive.

Deb
  11. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

And she will meet me a heavens doors. I did want to share this with all of you...the night we bury Kenzie my mother in law had noticed a partridge by her tree line. When we were preparing Kenzie's grave with her toys and blankets and favorite crew toys. We noticed that the bird would follow us around and make chirping noises. We even stopped to feed the bird some seed. When we were finished with Kenzies grave and saying some prayers we noticed that the bird had left.

I really believe that partridge was an guide send down to bring Kenzie to Heaven. And to let us know that Mackenzie was alright:) and of course that she was in good hands!!

I'm still sad...and miss rubbing her big coppery head. I love my Kenzie girl.

Hugs,
    Deb
  12. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You are doing this beautifully. It's so hard and you are being so brave and handling all with real grace.

May you keep moving through...

peace,
    r