Help sinus

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by brewster, Nov 26, 2004.

1. brewster

brewster New Member

Hi

My husband has has one sinus infection after another. He has had 2 sinus surgeries in one year for polips and fungus in the sinus. He is okay for a few weeks and it starts all over. It started after we started dating. I wonder if its me.

Brewster
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2004]
  2. Blueflora

Blueflora New Member

it's chronic sinusitis. I wish I could offer help, but I am stricken too.
  3. Dixie1101

Dixie1101 New Member

I am having the same problem with sinus infections,I have been on antibiotics for 5-6 weeks and it keeps coming back and then I ended up with pneumonia,now I have a real bad taste and smell like I smell infection and food taste that way too,its been like this for about the past 4 weeks,can anyone tell me whats going on?? I have another drs appt tomorrow morning,this is really getting on my nerves,I smell it really strong sometimes and I always taste it when Im eating.. Thank you for listening..Debbie
  4. goinunder

goinunder New Member

I have had the same thing as your husband and the others who wrote about sinus problems. I have had 3 surgeries and still do not have relief. I also sometimes taste that awful taste in your mouth when I have the sinus infection. You know, there is really nothing that you can do, it seems like. The Doctors just tell me to live with it. I know that doesnt help much, but I am frustrated too.
  5. PaDutchman52

PaDutchman52 New Member

I know how you feel, this is my 3rd sinus infection in 6 mos. and Augmentin does not even kill it. I cough all the time and can't seem to breathe right at night when I lie down. I feel I am choking to death. If anyone has any answers to this, I would like to know what to do also. Thanks.

PaDutchman
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I use the Ocean nasel spray. Spray into the nose and wait a while and spray again. Lay down on the bed so it will run into the Sinuses. It is only salt water and you can use as often as you like. Salt kills germs and clears the sinuses.You can also use a nasel irrigater with a Water Pick.That forces the water into the nasel passage.This helps me more than anything I've done.
    Hugs Shirley