Help...So Scared....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JamieBeth, Feb 28, 2006.

1. JamieBeth

JamieBeth Member

I've had CFIDS and a panic disorder for the past nine years. I'm doing so terribly with the panic recently, and I've gone from 12 hours of sleep at night to 4 - 6 if I'm lucky, for days on end. Is this going to hurt me in any way? Am I going to make it through this? My therapist has increased my Paxil from a low dose of 15 mg to 17.5 mg, and then I will eventually get up to 20 mg (I've had incredible success on Paxil in the past), but until it starts working, I feel like I'm going crazy from the terror.

I'm so scared that the panic disorder and insomnia will make my CFIDS worse. Is that true?

Jamie
  2. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I saw your post. You poor thing. I had a med. give me panic attacks once (bad reaction), and it was terrible.

I wish I could say something to help. Yes, ideally you should get more sleep with CFIDS, but do what you can, and try to set realistic expectations. You can get by just fine on 4-6 hours of sleep if need be, although I so hope you get better sleep soon.

You are NOT crazy and you WILL get through this! CFIDS messes with your body and mind in so many ways (case in point...my earlier post titled "Is this CFS or am I mentally ill?"). I so hope you find some way to relax and sleep soon tonight.

Worst case, try the chat room to distract you, if anyone is there. I stopped by a little earlier and had a few good laughs, as well as learned some new info. Just a suggestion.

Take care, and I hope you get relief soon. Hang in there!
    C.
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Jamie.........you will be okay,,,,,,,,check with your doctor, and maybe your meds need changed or such....

but you can get out of this and I am sure you are really suffering right now. But...keep the faith, call your dr. and work with him/her on this.

Look forward to calmer days and sunshine....Blessings......Susan
  4. Angelimbo

Angelimbo New Member

Hi Jamiebeth! I am Angela Beth! I have not met you, but just wanted to say that, if I could, I would sit beside you and find ways to comfort you, and help you get through this.

Do you live alone? Somehow, I got the idea from your post that you have nobody there to help you through this.

I hope that is not the case, and that you have loving people around you.

I don't know what else to say, except please keep in mind that there are people praying for you, and thinking about you. I am sitting here crying like a baby cause I have found so many suffering here tonight, that I feel guilty for having a relatively good day.

But at least I know now why I felt so pulled to the board tonight. I rarely post anymore.

I am sending you love and comforting thoughts.

Angelimbo
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My friend has very similar episodes as those you describe. What is working for her after years of suffering is Wellbutrin XL with the lower dose of Paxil.

I hope this can be of some use.

I think that anything that makes us tense up our muscles may temporarily make symptoms worse-for eg ever since I had a heart scan last week I have had chest pains that I know are due to being stressed.

Do you have any relaxation tapes or techniques to calm you down? Start with clenching all your muscles and then relaxing them bit by bit-scrunch the eyes and then relax, clench the fists, then relax and so on.

Breathing into a brown sac often helps with Panic too, as one tend to hyperventilate, and this alters the acidity in the blood. So a few breaths into the brown bag, maybe ten or so.

Yoga breathing too. We tend to breather through our chests when in fact we should be breathing through our mid abdomen-place your hands at the front of your waist and take a deep breath so that part of the abdomen responds, rather than gulping from the top of the lungs, place tongue on oof of mouth make an 0 shape and blow the air out- do this three or four times.

I do hope this may work for you. I actually cured my asthma by learning to breathe properly and cured a good deal of panic this way.

I am thinking of you.

Blessings.

Anne C
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

insomnia will make your CFIDS worse. The insomnia IS your CFIDS. At least that's my experience.

I've had CFIDS for 25 years. I have the big 3 stymptoms: depression, sleep disturbance and fatigue. I sometimes don't sleep at all at night. Sometimes 2 or 3 hours. Sometimes I sleep all day. Sometimes I sleep a few hours, am awake a few hours, etc.

That's just the way the DD has been for years. I think you are lucky, probably unusual, if you sometimes sleep 12 hours at a time. Very likely your sleep schedule will change again. Have you had a chance to talk to your dr. about this yet? Probably normal for us.

Good luck.