HELP SOMETIMES I THINK I'M OK...FM IS GONE..I OVERDID IT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by myalgiamania, Sep 4, 2006.

1. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

i really did it today. i do water exercise (hydro-tone). i try to do it everyday, but lately i can't. i used to teach 2 classes every day...sometimes more.

well today i exercised for an hour. then i tried to get my husband and two teenage sons in the pool. at first they wouldn't...so i stayed in the pool for another hour still coaxing them.

i was about to get out when they all came in. my sons are usually glued to their computers, and it was amazing....they talked, we laughed, and had a great time.

i started to feel so good. water will do that to you. i felt like my fibro was gone...UNTIL I GOT OUT OF THE POOL....

NOW I'M LAYING HERE AND I CAN'T GET UP!!!
    OH WELL, IT WAS WORTH IT. I LEARNED SO MUCH NEWS FROM MY KIDS THAT I ALMOST FELT LIKE I WAS WITH STRANGERS!LOL
  2. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

While I can't say I've felt just fine and that my FM was totally gone, I have had a significantly reduced pain level (from almost a constant 10 this past spring!) and at least some periods of increased energy.

Then I think I am able to do more than I can, and I almost always end up paying for it! I just posted a few days ago about how I took my kids to the library, the mall and out to lunch all in one outing, and the rest of the day I couldn't get off the couch! By that night, it was like my body had shut down and my brain was in a complete stupor! It was really scary and frustrating.

I keep getting these reminders that I really need to pace myself. But it's so hard when you feel good, not to want to make up for lost time.

Glad you had a good day in the pool with your family, though! Those days really are precious and maybe even worth having to recuperate a bit, I think! :)
  3. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

it is worth it. it just seems to take longer for my medicine to kick in. i am going to try to be much more motivated because it not only helps me but i see that it helps my family. it is 7am and my older son just went out kyaking and my other son is up on his computer. they both do homeschooling and though i rarely need to help them, if i sleep late they sleep even later. not a good routine.

well i hope you both have a Blessed and fulfilling day.
    luv myalgia
  4. purplepooh

purplepooh New Member

I do that all the time. I feel good so i start cleaning and play with my 4 year old. then i just can't move one finger. I feel like i could die. but i always do it, everytime i feel ok.

dum
    Melissa
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I guess we are always hopeful that this has all been a big joke! You have a good day and you want to change the world! For me it is cleaning and yard work! I love to garden but my body hates it! and lets me know!

I love to swim. I wish I had a pool but I wouldn't be able to take care of it. We do have a hot tub which I love and it is a lot of work.

Sorry you are feeling so rotten. I am glad you had a good day with your sons!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  6. azbubba

azbubba New Member

Right now I'm spending the day home from work because I overdid it yesterday. What's worse is that I am dead tired, but can't sleep, and when I lay down, my legs are restless like never before.

Guess I'll stay on here as long as I can...lol

Bubba