HELP Sounds like a motorboat in my TUMMY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Sep 10, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Well this past week has been a horrible week as I have had an IBS flare up and I must say that I prefer the pain over the IBS any day LOL.

I have been having trouble with non-stop burping, and at one point I was vomiting so I have managed to get that part to stop.

I did go to my doctor in the clinic (the other doctor that I have with the county will take 3-4 months to see), and she was like maybe try the ER and well everytime I go to the ER I end up feeling worse when I come out of there. From all that sitting and waiting my body can't handle it. She did mention about taking a probiotic so I have started taking that this past Thursday, and bought Zantac 150--highest dosage I could find over the counter. The Zantac helped with the heartburn/chest pain feeling I was having.

So now I started drinking Pau d' Arco tea as of yesterday and drink a liquid probiotic but I am wondering what else I can do. The ER is the last step for me if I cannot get this resolved.

My mom mentioned walking which I will do later on this evening.

Any other suggestions? I am just tired of burping and now I am farting too, so maybe the tea and probiotics are helping get the gas out?

This is quite embarrassing to go through. Please any suggestions would be great!!!

I am tired of sounding like a guy here with this burping, sooo not lady like LOL. Maybe I will have someone step on my stomach lol.

2. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

3. dr32164

dr32164 New Member

I know just how you feel. Have the same problem for many years and I agree that the pain can be easier to deal with than the embarrassing noises.... I have recently been taking acidolpholus supplements, hand have found that I have not had an IBS flare since. Quite remarkable given that I seemed to have this issue at least once or twice a week. Might be worth a try.

I wish you much relief and luck.
  4. buddyJ

buddyJ New Member

Try eating yogurt with natural bacteria. I forget what they (bacteria) are called, but they help the digestive system. I find it helps my IBS. When things are at their worst I find that is one of the things I can eat ok, and I definitely notice if I haven't eaten yogurt for a day or so.

Hope that helps you too.
  5. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I will give the yogurt a try a little later. I can't seem to eat much either but I will give that a try.

I just want to stop burping every 5 seconds LOL, this is so annoying.
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that helps and water...farting is good...and yougart..

jodie