HELP... still awake after Ambien AND Flexeril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CatsKimber, Oct 11, 2005.

1. CatsKimber

CatsKimber New Member

my 3rd sleepless night in a row - how will i make it through work tomorrow? any suggestions on how to get to sleep?
  2. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I've been there before....and it's not very nice. For me anyway, each night I worried more about sleeping and ended up not sleeping at all. Usually by the third or fourth night, I would just pass out from exhaustion.

Make sure that you don't go on the computer for a few hours before bedtime. It stimulates the mind and prevents sleep. Even a nice warm bath can help.

Before I was diagnosed with FM, I used to use dramamine to help me sleep (2 X 50mg pills). It has a sedative effect. I don't see why you couldn't add that to the mix.

Hoping for a good night's sleep for you.

Regards,

Eileen

3. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

Man I have been there. I am so sorry. I know after a couple of sleepless nights I feel like a zombie. But by tonight you should sleep. Try to get anxious before bedtime, if you have anything like valium take that a little bfe bedtime and then a couple of ambien. Believe me 2 want kill you. Good luck.
  4. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I can't remember what the medication was right now, (major FOG today), but I remember one time when I was in a lot of pain & my dr gave me something for it and it worked super. BUT after about 3 days, all of the sudden I was wide awake for 4 days & nights but I was not in much pain. Then I called my dr and he said there are some meds that will do that. They will work great at first and then they will keep you awake and he told me to stop taking them. It took a few days & I was miserable as far as pain and exhaustion, but once I went to sleep I slept like a log.

I can't say that I understand what makes meds start working a different way but it does happen. If I were you I'd call your doctor and get off of that medicine.

Good Luck,
    Grandma6
  5. spasco

spasco New Member

Sleepy Time Extra Tea by Celestial Seasonings can help relax you and get you to sleep. OTC sleep aids will help, and Benedryl too.

God bless! Stephanie
  6. fibromaster

fibromaster New Member

Rhummy gave me Ambien 5 years ago when he diagnosised me with fibromyalgia. I took Ambien and elavil at about 9pm would still be awake at 4am. Had to work and support 2 kids. One in high school and one homeschooling due to his dyslexia.
    Changed doctors and started on trazadone, could take up to 300 mg, but didn't need more than 150. But I didn't feel any better at work even after sleeping all night.
    After all that I've been thru all these years if I known what I do now I could have save myself a lot of pain and suffering.
  7. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I take ambien and trazadone each night and go to sleep but wake in the middle of the night and thats it for me. Last nnight I awoke at 330. Laid there an hour and got up and did laundry and cooked bfast for the family. Now today even with Provigil I am beat. Hope you sleep well tonight but I also know that 1 night doesnt make up for several lost nights of sleep

[ advertisement ]