Help Still Trying to fill Out my SSD Papers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Jul 29, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi all; I am still trying to fill out my SSD papers on daily routines my pain and all the happenings.. I am having a VERY difficult time(never used to be that way)

I don't want it to sound like I can't do nothing, I can but it has all changed dramatically in the last year or so.

Anymore advice would help- i have only been dx'd with uncontrolled anxiety disorders and depression. Also history of polio and recent neck and back pain with spasms, which doctor has just added more flexeril for the spasms(3X) daily instead of 1X. My chiro has been carefully working on me (cause it don't cost me much) and says alot of what is going on could be related to the polio and I have the tender points could also have FMS- my polio friends said just let them know you had polio. BUT since no diag. for PPS- I just don't know what the heck I am doing anymore.

Any feed back would be helpful- I have had these papers for 2 weeks now just having a real difficult time.

Tnaks
    Janet
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Janet when all those papers came for me to fill out I wasn't sure I could write the whole thing or not and I have a problem remembering words so I called my disability exemaner and asked if I could have someone help me with the writing and he said yes. I did get them all done but I just did a little bit at a time. After I got it all done I had my mom look throught them to make sure I didn't sound like an idiot. I will tell you that what they really look for is the paper work from the doctors backing up everything you say. Fill out the papers like it was for a normal day. If it means you can't do anything then that is what it means.

I'll tell you what most days I can't do anything. What I put for my normal day was that most meals were microwaveable or something I could stick in the over and leave it be. Just be as honest as you can. That is about the best answer I can give. Good luck though with everything.....SueF
  3. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

but would it help to just jot things down in a notebook daily and then use it as an outline to fill out paperwork?

I use a calender and dayplanner and have my own system for tracking pain/fatigue/unusual or new symptoms or reactions to weather, activities etc..

I now keep a dayplanner just for new meds,supplements and diet changes since I started with a new Dr. in May.
    Use a 1-10 scale for pain and fatigue.

Usually when I go to bed I jot down whatever I want to track or make mention of that happened that day.

I read your bio and you have a lot on your plate.
    Do you have someone who can help you organize your thoughts to get them on paper.
    I know your hubby is not well but can he help you out with how he sees your day is going and what he notices you aren't able to do or pain issues or anxiety moments?

Good luck and hang in there.

Hugs, Pammy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Suggest you see www.disabilitysecrets.com for some in-
    sight. As was suggested already, I'd just describe your
    worse kind of day without embellishment. That form is
    pretty well the standard thing they seem to send to every-
    one as will there standard reply to it!!

Best wishes.
    MRDAD
  5. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi, I don't want to sound like I am whinnig BUT I received a letter from them stating I have till the 6th of Aug. to get in the paperwork. I have almost all of it done=it just has taken me too long.

I will call them Monday and see if DH can help me answer at least since he lives with me and sees me down and out.
    Geeze guys, the concentration level is just not there anymore.. Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks for letting me Whine..
    Janet
  6. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

We are all here to help each other so no need to apologize.
    Hope you get it done the way you want to.
    Keep us posted on how things go.

Hugs, Pammy
  7. brie

brie New Member

Dear Janet, When I was filling out my papers ; I went to a web site that was written by a lawyer that gave advise on these things .ONe of the most important things he said was be careful when filling out the forms and dont write volumes. As you notice , they give you very little space to give your answers. Make sure your answers fit in those spaces ;dont add pages or write on the back.Be brief. I really found this hard to do. But I did it and I felt like I was not explaining myself but I realize later on there is a logic to doing it this way. Well hope that helps . Good luck.Brie
  8. labrat

labrat New Member

I filed for SSDI two years ago and still have some of the forms they sent me. The ones I have all say that you can have a friend or family member help you fill out the forms, but that a doctor can't fill them out for you. If you look at the instructions that came with your forms, I bet you'll see this statement also.

Don't stress about the forms, they place most weight on doctor's records to determine if you qualify. Take care.

Tracy