Help, sudden infections, fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by totteacher, Sep 16, 2002.

1. totteacher

totteacher New Member

I just wanted to post a quick question hoping someone might have some input. Sat. evening I found a hard, red, painful lump in my breast and then Sun. morn woke up and had a horrible sinus infection attacking! I think the breast thing is an infection, also. I am seeing the doctor this afternoon so I will find out for sure about the breast.

Anyway, this has never happened to me before to suddenly have 2 infections and so quickly!! I'm freaking out a bit about it. My breasts have been great low these 20 yrs. I had an infection when my youngest child was born but that was due to nursing prob. Sinus, maybe an infection once a year or once every other year. Other than that the only thing that has attacked me is flue and fibro!

Could this be a sign of lowered immune problems?

Thanks for any ideas or info anyone has.

Linda
  2. totteacher

totteacher New Member

I just wanted to post a quick question hoping someone might have some input. Sat. evening I found a hard, red, painful lump in my breast and then Sun. morn woke up and had a horrible sinus infection attacking! I think the breast thing is an infection, also. I am seeing the doctor this afternoon so I will find out for sure about the breast.

Anyway, this has never happened to me before to suddenly have 2 infections and so quickly!! I'm freaking out a bit about it. My breasts have been great low these 20 yrs. I had an infection when my youngest child was born but that was due to nursing prob. Sinus, maybe an infection once a year or once every other year. Other than that the only thing that has attacked me is flue and fibro!

Could this be a sign of lowered immune problems?

Thanks for any ideas or info anyone has.

Linda
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Try to stay calm, its probably just an infection that all of us get now and then.

I had that sore lump in the breast thing, it lasted about a week, then it went like it came!

As for sinus infections, they are common amoung FM/CFS sufferers. Mine used to be so bad, that I lived with headaches.

Take care, and let us know what the doc has to say.

Try to keep the stress down, that only adds to our problems.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. LilSis

LilSis New Member

Hi Linda,
    Fibro definitely suppresses your immune system, especially in you are on any rx's. I have Rhuematoid Arthritis and chrones also, so I am a walking pharmacy. I try to tkae some herbal supplements to try to balance out some of the evil doings of my meds.
    My cousin (with FMS/RA) had a terrible sinus infection for 8 months. She is a nurse and refused to take more antibiotics after the 3rd round and it finally got better.

I haven't had any major infections like you, however; now if I just barely "knick" myself in any kind of way, I get these really nasty infected blisters. The two I am just getting over were really minute, I thought. Small prick on my finger (didn't even bleed) produced a nasty blister that completely wrapped itself around the whole end of my finger and down to my second knuckle. The other was a small pimple on my forehead and I just barely tried to smush it one night and the next morning was another huge blister smack dab in the middle, I now have a nickle sized scar.
    Your post just caught my attention, hope it helps a little.

There is a great product that I get from my Chiropractor called, "Transfer Factor" and I really think it has calmed some of it down.

Feel Better,
    LilSis
  5. LilSis

LilSis New Member

There may be another way to do this, but go into "search Messages (at the top of each message board) and type in the author's name. In this case it is "ssmarilyn", "FYI-LIST OF FM Symptoms...
    You will be amazed at not only her list, but the additional things that others have added.
    Really informative!

Just found some more helpful info:
    Go to www.sover.net/~devstar - Author of one of my fav books. There are endless thing you may find interesting, including "Doctor Handouts" that you can print & take to your dr.
    oops, already forgot the other thing, will try to find it again for you. That damn fog gets to me!

more xoxo's
    LilSis
    [This Message was Edited on 09/17/2002]