Help the hermit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibromomgrammy, Sep 12, 2006.

1. fibromomgrammy

fibromomgrammy New Member

Hi,

Thank you all so much for the support, I thought I was the only one wierd...of course we all know we are whacky. I make lists of things to do then put them off for another day...only do stuff when I have to. It must be getting worse as my husband has said "you don't want to call anyone..." and now he is planning stuff and wanting to invite folks over, when I was the one who used to do that...Sometimes we will go to the show and then I'll be embarassed when I try to stand up and my friends or husband are out of the theater as I struggle to stand.
    Any suggestions?

Does anyone have a problem with being a hermit..I feel bad sometimes when for days I don't want to leave the house or answer the phone...have to push myself to socialize. I work a few days a week and other than shopping have a hard time even calling friends, or using the phone at all. I didn't used to be like this, but I know it is getting worse. I try to set tasks for each day, but often disrgard my notes and good intentions of the night before.
    What kinds of strategies do others use?
    fibromom
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2006]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

the energy to get out of the house much. So I spend a lot of time here chatting w/ people. Also play bridge w/ people.

In the middle of the night, since I'm usually not sleeping, it is often possible to play in a game where all the players are in a different country.

I do send e mails to friends and relatives, but they are busy w/ their own lives so don't get many back.
  3. code34me

code34me New Member

I do feel that way too. I am 40 with a 4 and 14 year old and married. So I dont get to be to antisocial. I dont call my friends I wait till I feel like it and that never happens so then I dont call because it has been to long and I dont want to here them complain about me not calling!

I look at caller I.D. and see who it is and and just dont answer it because I dont feel like talking.

I dont want anyone to come over to see me until I am ready and that is in the late afternoon and then I feel like I have to put on a happy face for them. I feel the sameway about going places too, I put on a happy face and fake it!

It sounds like I dont get any joy out of anything huh? I do, peace give me joy! So mabey it is the same for you? Wow I just taught myself something about me typing this post! Thanks!

Take care of you! Codey
  4. jole

jole Member

You're not alone. Mostly for me it is simply that I don't have the energy. Or may start out with it but run out mid sentence. Even when talking to my own children I can just end up not caring because I CAN'T. Sounds selfish, I know, but it isn't. I would love to be different.

This DD has me not knowing what to expect from one minute to the next, and it is just simpler to live life alone, free of stress, anxiety, and energy zappers. I hate it, and was not always like this, believe me. Life changes for us, and we change to keep ourselves healthy.

Even on a good day, I would rather clean house than socialize, and that's a darn shame. Cluttered houses aren't remembered nearly as long as friendships:)

Here's to better days!
  5. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

Hi, I have the same problem with the phone.

My problem is I cant keep up with the talking. I only catch pieces of the sentence.

Example: Mom I am going to the store for coffee, milk and eggs.

I hear it: Mom I am the store milk eggs.

So it is "what did you say" about 3 times before I just start saying "uh huh" "ok whatever."

I also have gotten to the point I can not stand other people's drama.

All it does is make me wish I could deal with their problem and they could deal with this dd!

It is very much easier to write down what I want to say then talk!!!!!!

But I am finding that harder to do because my letters sound demanding and/or to blunt. I think the bluntness is that I want to get down what I am thinking before I wear out so I keep it short. My hubby reads all my letters before they are mailed to make sure that I am expressing myself correctly. That helps alot!!

I also have found that I enjoy the quiet, peacefulness of the house when no one is home except me and the animals.

So you are not alone!

Love Ya

Me
  6. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

but all of the above was true for me too.I felt angry when my kids would call with problems and that is just not me! I was just so tired and barely able to function and couldn't handle talking or seeing anyone.I think it was a combination of excepting this DD and letting go of the fact that I wasn't going to be able to do all the things I used to do.Partly a flare too.Now I'm a little paranoid because I've had more good days then bad and I keep waiting for all you know what to go wrong and it will.I still only want to stay close to home and just have my DH and DS around.I get tired easily and need to rest when I do anything.And this is actually better then before and I feel grateful to feel this good.