HELP!! This is a new one for me....my whole body was like an ICE CUBE!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lindasue, Sep 30, 2002.

1. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Here I am again..you will probably say oh no, what is it now.:)
    After years of drenching night sweats....last night I was as cold as I EVER remember being. I woke up cold from head to toe! (Now mind you...I live in Southern California and not even near the Coast). All I could say to my husband was that "I am SO cold". I wasn't even all the way awake! He told me this evening when he returned from work that he was really worried about me because EVERY part of my body was ice cold!! We also sleep under a down comforter! He put another blanket over me, and (this is kinda funny) put three king size down pillows on top of me also! I guess I didn't die or anything 'cause I'm writing this but it was and is kind of scary. HAS anyone had this happen?? Please I need to know! I know we (well I anyway) run a low BP with this..one day a couple of weeks ago when I was at the doc's office mine was "80/60something"...God, this is sometimes so scary!!
    Love & Hugs,
    Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2002]
  2. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Here I am again..you will probably say oh no, what is it now.:)
    After years of drenching night sweats....last night I was as cold as I EVER remember being. I woke up cold from head to toe! (Now mind you...I live in Southern California and not even near the Coast). All I could say to my husband was that "I am SO cold". I wasn't even all the way awake! He told me this evening when he returned from work that he was really worried about me because EVERY part of my body was ice cold!! We also sleep under a down comforter! He put another blanket over me, and (this is kinda funny) put three king size down pillows on top of me also! I guess I didn't die or anything 'cause I'm writing this but it was and is kind of scary. HAS anyone had this happen?? Please I need to know! I know we (well I anyway) run a low BP with this..one day a couple of weeks ago when I was at the doc's office mine was "80/60something"...God, this is sometimes so scary!!
    Love & Hugs,
    Linda
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I am in menopause and I am ALWAYS hot! But, sometimes I get cold sweats. It's hard to describe. Mostly when I'm indoors in air conditioning. Sort of like when you're sick with a fever but you're cold. Except I'm not sick. It's not from the FMS - it's from the menopause. Not much I can do about it. If you don't feel sick don't worry. About the low blood pressure. I have low BP too. 80/60 is nothing to worry about. Just make sure that when you get up from a chair you rise slowly so you don't get dizzy.
  4. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Annette,
    I am 53 and am now...post-menopause. So I really know about the night sweats and "hot flashes"... I still get them. But this was REALLY different. It felt like my blood had turned ICE COLD! I don't know what was going on but as I said, it was quite scary.
    Thank you so much for the helpful response. The low B/P is just another one of the things connected with this stuff. NO Wonder we are sooooo tired! yawn.......
    Hugs to you,
    Linda
  5. lindasue

lindasue New Member

I really need to know if anyone else has had this happen..Thanks, linda
  6. mellow

mellow New Member

Hi Linda

I can also relate to this. I have also had night sweats on and off but one night I woke up and my left arm felt completely frozen. It was horrible and has only happened the one time. I always have very cold hands and feet even
    in summer (I live in Australia) but they have got worse. My blood pressure is normal. I hope it doesn't happen again. I can't imagine how you must have felt to have your whole body so cold.

Love
    Mellow
  7. pamela

pamela New Member

Go figure- i've always been sooo hot natured. But here lately I have been freezing. But the other day about a month or so ago I was freezing my buns off!!! Just one of those things that happened -- it was at night in the summer time too. Had to get under covers and wear winter clothes for a while to get warm--also turned on my heating pad.. Pamela
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

My body temp changes about 100 times a day, not usually ever comfortable, usually way too hot or way too cold, I am 41, not menopausal, had that checked. I had wondered if it is thyroid related. Or meds related.

Jaci
  9. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism. I had the same night sweats for years. Then I got the freezing thing and blood tests showed Hashimoto's. If you keep getting cold, it couldn't hurt to get your thyroid checked. But being cold is a symptom of so many things.

TeaBisqit
  10. klutzo

klutzo New Member

and have to put wool blankets and a comforter over my head! But, I usually get diarreha and nausea along with this, which none of you has mentioned. My temp is around 99 during this and my blood pressure and pulse are both much too high. I had the night sweats from age 37 to age 44, when it became obvious that it was early menopause (my weight suddenly left my thighs and migrated to my waist causing a 13 inch increase in my waistline!) All that time I had been told the night sweats were "just your FMS". Don't buy this.....make sure you cover all the bases.
    Klutzo