HELP upper teeth all hurt, not sinusitis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jan 21, 2007.

1. I know nothing is wrong with my teeth, its not sinusitis, but I get this every once in awhile, all my upper teeth hurt, what is it neuralgia? OR? Anyone ever have this, and what do you do for it? OMG it really hurts.
  2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

I have this happen from time to time. It almost feels like the roots of my teeth, or my jaw are bruised, not a good description but all I can come up with right now.

I take Vicodin for my FM pain and it doesn't begin to even touch this pain. I have found that if I take some Ibuprofen it DOES help. Ibuprofen is the only thing that helps my period cramps too. I guess for me it must be an inflammatory kind of pain. Maybe it will work for you too.

The tooth pain usually only lasts a day or two for me and then it's gone.....I chalk it up to another strange FMS pain.

hope you find something that works
    Lynna

3. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

I've had something like this. It feels like I was repeatly punched all around my mouth, it also sometimes bothers my lower teeth. I tought it was related to air pressure and weather, like when a rain storm was maybe a day away. I could never find another trigger for it.
    Does it hurt when you take a step? I was in agony when I had to walk - I ended up having to kind of slide my feet instead of taking real steps; always a fun thing to try and explain.
    I don't remember anything helping with the pain though. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hope someone else has better advice. Good luck.

Jess
  4. KelB

KelB New Member

I had neuralgia along one side of my upper jaw and it was dreadful. Felt like I had toothache in about ten teeth at once.

The dentist said he couldn't do anything and sent me packing (helpful!). The doc diagnosed neuralgia and gave me painkillers. He said there wasn't anything he could do and gave me the "come back in a fortnight if it's no better" routine. Luckily, mine only lasted 10 days and I've not had it since.

Have you ever asked your dentist/doctor about it? You might have more luck than I did.
  5. No wisdom teeth, I get this every once in awhile and its miserable. I think its neuralgia also. What causes it, I have no idea. Stress probably, I mean with this dd how can you not stress out.
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I used to always think I had teeth problem, but now realize it is an inflammatory condition. It may not be called sinus problems in my case, but if I take Boiron's Sinusalia, it disappears (that's from a health food store).

Also, my gums will bleed when brushing, unless I use hydrogen peroxide mouth wash (health food store).

Maybe another connection there.

HEALING LIGHT****************carole