help w/peri-menopausal symptons??

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by neelillek, Dec 1, 2008.

1. neelillek

neelillek New Member

I'm 44 and in the last year my periods have been coming about every 24 days. This last month I totally skipped which i've only done when pregnant (Not a possibility had tubes tied 6 years ago) I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of PMS! I do regular exercise but the need for food and irritablity are going to drive me insane. Should I see my doctor about taking something? Are there any OTC vitamins/suplements that would work?
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

There is a ton of stuff that you can try OTC, and by prescription..... I did it cold turkey with NOTHING!!!!!! Let me tell you....LOL!!!!! 15 yrs and I am still having hot flashes.....Menopause is NOT for WHIMPS!!!!!!!

Good luck.......I would look at health food stores and ask what you can take if you want to go that route.
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

It is so way past time to get into your OB/GYN. Any time the periods begin to really change, it's time to see the OB/GYN. You need to relay all this to that doctor and let him/her do the blood work to tell you where you are regarding menopause and about what the hormones levels show. Hormones can go out of whack at any time and cause problems. Plus, if it is time to discuss hormone replacement, the doctor will talk to you about your history, your family history and both of you will determine if you are at risk or are a good candidate for hormones. But it all starts with calling for that appointment. Good luck.