help what to do.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jul 5, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hi everyone, well I started out with a scartchy throat,then alot of phlegm, and you all helped out with remedies .
    and yesterday it was loose and I coughed it up all day.
    the fever hit me last night all nite long, just froze.
    I think my fever has maybe broke ,but now when I cough its real tight, what can I do to help it lossen back up so I can get rid of it?
    I don"t know what I"d do without all of you guys advice
    I almost got up last nite and came in to see if anyone else was on the board at that time.
    I just want to say thanks for all the times this board has helped me through. and I thank God theres so many good people on here.
    It just renews my faith in the world. we"ve had so many things happen to us in the last few weeks sometimes a person just feels like staying in our own little world, because of the way people in the outside acan just make life miserable. but then I come to this board and it helps to know there are caring people in the world.
    Blessing Sixtyslady

2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Sorry that you are feeling so sick. If the fever continues, take yourself to see the doctor. It could be viral in nature, but it may also be bacterial. In which case, you'll need an antibiotic.

A couple things to try to loosen it: first, try taking a hot shower. The steam from the shower should help to loosen it a little bit. Also, an expectorant will help to liquefy the mucus (sorry to be gross) so that you can cough it out easier.

Hope this helps a bit. Gentle healing hugs coming your way.

Kim
  3. TAM

TAM New Member

SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SO ILL. I DON'T HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO HELP YOU I WISH I DID. I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I'M SORRY YOUR SO ILL. I HOPE YOU GET BETTER REALLY SOON. GOD BLESS YOU!
    TAMMY
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Take a cough syrup that says expectorant. Don't take a cough suppressant.

Hope you feel better.