Help with candida basics, please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suze, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Suze

Suze New Member

A couple of years ago I went to a naturopathic physician who used kinesiology to diagnose me with a candida overgrowth. (I reacted consistently to yeast.) She gave me a diet to follow that was highly restrictive (not even herb tea allowed). The holiday season was looming, so I put it aside, intending to give it a try in the new year. But I never got around to it, perhaps because I didn't have any observable symptoms that I could relate to candida. I did, of course, have a long history of FMS pain and joint pain.

This summer I started getting vaginal yeast infections, and one external yeast infection, and I think it's time I addressed the candida issue. I've been reading past posts on this forum, and it appears that I should follow the diet and take something along with it. But which product? And how long should I take it? AND...how long should the diet be followed?

I appreciate your help--thanks!

Suze
  2. Suze

Suze New Member

Thanks! How can you tell you're having success? Naturally, I'm hoping my pain will go away (or at least diminish) along with the yeast infections...

Suze
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

the candidas diet is very restrictive but I find if I stop sugar completely then it really helps.

I take the garlic and the probiotic like Hangin says with my other supplements and a daily doze of aloe vera juice.

love
    Rosie
  4. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I, too, have started this. One thing I wanted to add.

Take the garlic at one time of day. (I take mine at night.) Then take the acidophilus the opposite time of day. (I do morning.) Otherwise they will do you no good as one couneracts the other, don't remember which.

Let us know how it goes.
    Maia