Help with Eval of Viral Test at Focus Diagnostics??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by theatergirl, Oct 2, 2008.

1. theatergirl

theatergirl New Member

Hi guys,

Got tests back IgG ABB Elisa Serum Focus Diagnostics

HCMV 14.25
    HHV6 1:160
    EBV 1:160

Been sick 11 yrs. Know that HCMV always has been #1 since CMV Mono and Guillian Barre in 1978.

What do you think? Is Valterx @ 1000mg 3XD best?
    Also have increased orthostatic and cardiac issues with this relapse than anytime before. No Lyme.

Thanks so much,
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. i didnt reply cuz i couldn't add anything else to what kelly said lol

at my most recent appt..dr. lerner said something important about CMV...but i couldn't hear. i really wish i had listened more closely.

anyway..i don't think valtrex does anything for CMV.

3. theatergirl

theatergirl New Member

at my most recent appt..dr. lerner said something important about CMV...but i couldn't hear. i really wish i had listened more closely.

I am so far away from Lerner and can'tr figure out how to get to him. I need more cross-referencing about HCMV IgG illness. I think in his new video, he does state that IgG high levels with CMV is positive.

Anyway, any chance of getting any info from Lerner.
    I have been battling with this virus since 1978.

Jackie AKA Theatergirl
  4. theatergirl

theatergirl New Member

Where I am battling is with Kaiser HMO and their system that does not go outside the box. I am not even really interested in meds, I am more interested in cracking the code. I was very vocal 10 years ago with CFS and CMV. I could'nt get anywhere since most docs discount IgG and only look for IgM to confirm illness. This seems absolutely adsurd to me, since an acute infection is so short lived and the cascade of problems/symptoms, is so much greater than any one viral episode, and it is chronic.

There have been many times that I had wished I went into medicine than theatre, I have known what this illness is for almost 30 yrs, and doctors have mocked me over and over and over. Unbelievable to be at the mercy of limited minds.

My goal right now is to gather as many facts as I can so that, I can validate myself in this mess. If I don't feel like a victim, I can handle my imposed solitude and the loss of my entire career. I am a fighter, but am worn out that is for sure.

Biggest problem I see for all of us, is that we cannot afford what trying to come to the bottom of this costs. I have already lost everything. But if I can be just one part of creating an awareness that helps prevent others after us from going through years and years of illness, then I will be happy.

I pray there comes a time when finally there is a profound recognition, a global recognition, of the real long term depletion of productivity in our population and what it means when a society loses so many highly intelligent and dynamic individuals.

Being one of those, I feel cheated of my life and what I could have been and done. It is criminal.

Thanks for listening,
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i spend so much time on regrets and anger too....but of course, it gets us nowhere.

i will try to ask dr. lerner if he can remember what he said about CMV the next time i see him....sometimes he is in a good mood and i feel free to ask a few extra questions.

his tests are different. he does the CMV and HHV6 tests at his own lab. when i asked him why none of the other labs i had sent my blood to could find elevated EBV EA antibodies, he just said "we do it very carefully".

i read somewhere that he uses DiaSorin products for his testing.

email me and perhaps i can dig up some info for you:

6. theatergirl

theatergirl New Member

Hi back,

Thank you to Empty, Jam and Ladybug and all...

I am going to compile some of your answers and email them to my doc at Kaiser. He seems willing, but most importantly, I need him to GET IT! Get that I have CFS/ME, the real deal, and that it is not right to let me go months and months in bed and housebound without doing anything and everything to try and help me. I am done with the "perhaps the psychiatrist can help" crap. Yes, I am now certifiably insane, but who would'nt be!

I will keep you posted. I really appreciate this community, it is like a light in the darkness. Just when you feel like it is the end, you connect wiht others like you and know that even though you cannot see or hear eachother, we are family.

Much gratitude,