Help with filling out forms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pasara, Feb 22, 2007.

1. pasara

pasara New Member

I am filling out my social security disability forms, and I have a few questions:

!. How did you express the variability of energy levels and abilities? I might be able to walk around the block one day, and on another day (or sometimes within the same day) I need help getting out of bed? How do you not write a novel in response to each question?

2. I have heard it is good to get your doctors or others to write supporting letters. If you ask a doctor to write an extra letter for you, do you pay him or her, or how does that work??

3. Who did you have fill out the forms that are supposed to be filled out by another adult? I am so isolated these days that really the only people who see me and truly know my situation are family members or health care providers. My lawyer said it is better not to have a family member do it, that they don't look at it with the same weight. And they are already getting medical records and (hopefully) supplemental letters from my doctors and therapists. So, who does that leave??

Your help is really appreciated!
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

There is a very good website that gives alot of help on answering those questions. My brother filed last July and was approved in September. He read the site.

If I can find it, I will post if here....