Help with memory book.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gapsych, Dec 16, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Sunday is my dad's 90th birthday. We are having an open house. My niece and I are putting together a memory book for the event.

Long story short, my dad sent the pictures to my niece (his scanner broke) which was the original plan. He did not realize that in the meantime, my niece is on vacation and will not get back until tonight. Each of us thought someone was going to tell him this. This is the short version.

But it boils down to very little time to put this together. We are going to be doing this online where we both can work on it.

We plan to make something simple like an autograph book with pictures and places for people to sign. We are thinking for some pages we would have a different border, for example Newspaper Icons with events of the different decades superimposed. We are also going to do songs, books, inventions, etc. with the appropriate borders, as tune allows. We have a book cover as my niece has done this before so will only have to print the pages. We probably will have several pages with a collage with the same theme.

I do have the list of events, etc. but am having a hard time finding the icons. If anyone knows of a site which may have these, it would be appreciated, as well as ANY IDEAS!!!!!

Bottom line, very little preparation time.

Thanks in advance.

BILLCAMO New Member

I wish I could remember more.....;>)

It will come together. I did , but don't know right now , know of some sites that may be of help. A google search may lend assistance......

Perhaps an insertion of humorous things would be of help ?

Good luck and best wishes to you !

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 12/17/2009]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Congratulations to your dad. Sorry things got confusiated, but I think
    it's a wonderful idea. Do you think he'd really mind if it's a bit late.

Maybe he'll think it just stretched his birthday out.

Best of luck.

4. ckball

ckball New Member

I hope I am not too late but just saw this. Google clip art, if you have MS word you should have some clip art in there, then you can go to Microsoft and download more for free.

If you find other images you like, you can also right click on the pic and do a "save as" and save it to your computer.

I love doing video diaries and photo albums. I made my grandaughter several and put them on a DVD for christmas. WHen she moved to Germany this summer she didn't get any of her photos, so I scanned several hundred photos and made videos and such.

Good luck and I know he will love it- Carla
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

The memory book turned out great!! I ended up buying a program. It took me some time to figure it out but by the end, I was churning out the picture pages and collages very quickly!!

The whole weekend was wonderful!!

I never thought about using photographs for clip art. Thanks Carla

I really enjoyed doing this but wish I had had more time. People are going to be sending more pages as the book is in a beautiful binder and things can be added in the plastic whateveryoucallthem, to protect the pages. I am tired and it looks like word finding problems. If anyone can think of what these are called, let me know. Maybe as a group we can have the capacity of at least one brain, maybe more!!

Bottom line. A wonderful time was had by all!!!

Thanks to all for the support.