Help With Nausea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Aug 22, 2006.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Is nausea (more like a queasy morning sickness) a part of Fibro or CFS? I'm not pregnant, but have had this feeling for over a month now.

Went and had an ultrasound of my Gall Bladder, pancreas and liver and all OK. I do have GERD and wondered if this will cause constant queasiness. I'm taking Prilosec twice a day ordered by my doctor. I don't have heartburn, just a yucky taste when I wake up in the morning.

Anyone else with this problem? Please post--anything will help.

T
  2. OMG I could have written this post myself. And I am going through all the tests and just know they will come back okay. I have been drinking coke syrup daily , so far its the only thing that helps. Mine lasts all day, but is worse in the morning. Feel better soon.
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

Ginger sometimes helps with nausea. It comes in many forms: candied, in gum, etc. that's easy to take. Hope this helps.
  4. Drinking gingerale slowly helps also. So far today I have only eaten toast. Am afraid to eat anything.
  5. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

when I was pregnant they really helped alot...good luck
  6. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

yes

this is a part of the illness for a lot of people. it was for me. it lasted for about 4 years gradually diminishing.

it does get better. hang in there.
  7. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

One of the best and oldest home remedies for nausea is ginger. Eating a small piece of fresh or pickled ginger usually helps the nausea to subside. Additionally, ginger tea can be made by boiling fresh ginger in water and adding honey or milk as desired.

Mint is a soothing herb which can help calm and settle the stomach. Peppermint or spearmint tea can be very effective in soothing nausea. Peppermint oil can also be used as an aromatherapeutic cure.

Another old home remedy for nausea is lemon. In some cases, merely smelling a freshly cut lemon can be helpful. Lemon juice mixed into warm water and sipped slowly works as well. Other warm liquids, such as broth, warm milk or tea, can also help to calm the stomach.

Saltine Crackers are effective as well.

Hope you feel better soon (((((Hugs)))))
  8. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Try testing yourself. If the nausea goes away after you've been laying down for say an hour or more, and it comes back if you've been sitting up or on your feet, then it's probably due to orthostatic intolerance.

My sister has been having nausea for about 2 months now, and OI is what is causing it for her.

Barb
  9. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

The nausea that I have has been with me forever,since I have had CFS. Since 1983.

Lately I had bought a piece of ginger and just took thin slices to chew. And boy, was it hot. So after a few chews, I just dropped it in a glas of H2O to sip on throughout the day. Mostly I get too sick to stand up to boil the H2O.
    But the chewing did help tremendously.

Thanks, it is good to know about the lemon remedy.It seems to be easier. Will try it immediately.

Jeanne