Help with new job?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seireiofhope, Nov 3, 2010.

1. seireiofhope

seireiofhope New Member

I have been working my part-time job for 4 years now, and as much as I like it because my boss understands when my health stops me from going to work, I need a change of pace. The late nights are just not doing it for me. I want to get a part-time day job...but, my sleep schedule makes me scared to go out and get one. I usually wake up around noon, and stay awake all day, but most jobs start in the morning. So, I have two questions. 1) If I tell them I have fibro and ask for certain hours, do you think a new employer will understand? and 2) What would be a good way to alter my sleep schedule now so that I could get up and go to work? I usually fall asleep anywhere between midnight to 2 am and then wake up at noon. Help?
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

What if you talked to your boss and told him/her that you are bored and want to learn some new things about the business?

Having hours that work for you and your illness plays a huge part of the puzzle. I've been at the same job for 4 years too and yes I am bored, but I don't have the energy to ask for more responsibilties.

Good luck to you.