Help with pain please!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sandy, Aug 22, 2002.

1. sandy

sandy New Member

This is really embarassing but driving back from Cleveland to New orleans, I must have sat toooo looong. I have the worst case of hemorrhoids, internal and external! They are bleeding but the pain is the worse I've ever experienced. I went to my gastro Dr.,one look no internal and sent immeadiatly to a surgeon,who promtly says the worse case possible and says she can't operate until inflamation is down so I given topical,suppositories,and injectable foam. Well this is all great but the pain won't allow me to use them. I've tried numbing with ice,and sitz baths but I'm getting no where fast.This has kept me up for 2 nights now even with my Ambien. Afraid to take pain meds due to codeine causing constipation. HELP, Please, This is really painful. Thanks Sandy

[This Message was Edited on 08/22/2002]
  2. sandy

sandy New Member

This is really embarassing but driving back from Cleveland to New orleans, I must have sat toooo looong. I have the worst case of hemorrhoids, internal and external! They are bleeding but the pain is the worse I've ever experienced. I went to my gastro Dr.,one look no internal and sent immeadiatly to a surgeon,who promtly says the worse case possible and says she can't operate until inflamation is down so I given topical,suppositories,and injectable foam. Well this is all great but the pain won't allow me to use them. I've tried numbing with ice,and sitz baths but I'm getting no where fast.This has kept me up for 2 nights now even with my Ambien. Afraid to take pain meds due to codeine causing constipation. HELP, Please, This is really painful. Thanks Sandy

[This Message was Edited on 08/22/2002]
  3. mistyb

mistyb New Member

to having them internal and external. I did have surgery, and it was probably the most uncomfortable surgery I have ever had, but very worth it. No more bleeding. I had internal ones that were very large at age 22 go figure. Have you tried a muscle relaxer just to help you cope with the pain? I would also not hesitate to take the pain meds. You can always try and prevent the constipation before it happens.

Good luck and I will be sending good vibes. It will be worth it in the long run.
    Misty
  4. selma

selma New Member

I agree with 1st thread. Take what you need to be out of pain. When did you take the Ambien? I know that constipation hurts. But there are remedies for that!!

Call Dr in the AM and tell her what works and doesn't!

Hope that you get help soon. When did you take AMBIEN?

It's important.. Have you taken them together before ???

LOL, Lots of Love, Selma

5. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi Sandy,

After a recent hospital stay, I experienced a similar episode - don't know if they were internal, too, but felt like I was being rammed & shot with the business end of a bayonnet. Thank goodness, my dr. is too far away, so I often attempt my own herbal cures (have had some training 1st) before seeing him.

I had recently made a tincture of black-walnut hulls and rubbing alcohol, and knew that black-walnut hull was used to treat hemmorhoids, so gave it a try.

I am SO impressed! I anticipated it burning because of the alcohol, but nada! What it DID do was IMMEDIATELY soothe the burning, and was pain-free and healing within 3 days.

Flax seed, ground and eaten, works wonders to calm IBS, gently increase fiber-bulking of stools, and is mucilaginous(sp?) so is very soothing to stomach and intestinal linings.

hope this helps,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace All Grievances

6. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

my apologies to all for my choice of graphics for the previous post. I hadn't really paid attention to the full extent of movement, and too late realized it had been in poor taste.

embarrased,
    Copper
  7. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

how did you make out? If you didn't & are still concerned with constipation, there's lots of natural things you can take to counteract it. There's products here I'm sure, but for short term relief, ask your pharmacist.

And LOL cooper and welcome. If you're embarrassed, there is a red edit button as your post is showed with the others. Click on it and remove the button...I personally didn't see it until you mentioned it.

Best wishes to both of you. Michele