Help with plugged, sore ears

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acesk, Feb 11, 2006.

1. acesk

acesk New Member

My Mom, was also has fibro, has had full, plugged up, and sore ears for 2 months now. She was treated for sinus infection and had a CAT scan of her sinuses - open and clear. But the ears are still bad. ENT doctor now wants her to go to a neurologist.

Has anyone any ideas on anything that could help her?? Thanks so much in advance.

Sue in Florida
  2. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

I suggest ear candling. My 16 year old daughter used to have her ears cleaned out by the pediatrician when she was little. They used a dental water pik. She would cry, scream, cry and scream some more.

In December I found a healing and wellness spa while researching Bio-Cleanse. My daughter picked up a pamphlet about ear candling and asked if she could do it.

I read the pamphlet and talked with the girl who would be doing it. I agreed to let her 'candle' my daughters ears.
    The results were amazing. My daughter had a lot of fluid in her left ear and chunks of ear wax. The right ear had just a little fluid and then the chunks of ear wax. There was no pain involved.

My daughter was so impressed she told her brother about it. He also did the ear candling. His wax came out looking more like caramel.

I know it sounds weird but as I've talked with other people across the country I find others who even do it on their kids (ages 2 and up).

You might have problems finding someone who does it. The girl who does my daughters says she ordered 8 different candles before she found the ones she liked.

The candles are hollow. Google "ear candling". There are websites that you can go to to read about it. Of course, there are doctors who do not agree with it. Just like all doctors can not agree on how to treat CFS/FM.

I will continue to let my daughter do it as long as I can afford it because I've seen it work.

I wanted my mom to do it. She's 84 and has a problem with hearing. Of course, if you ask her, she doesn't have a problem (he-he). I tried finding someone in her area of Florida but was unsuccessful.

If this is something she would be interested in, I believe it would help.

Good luck,
    Auntyem
  3. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I have the same problem where it feels plugged and I can't hear as well. They did hearing tests and nothing was wrong. I also read in a book on FM that alot of others have the same problems along with ringing in the ear but nothing is ever found. Tell your mom to hang in there!!

PIRT
  4. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Hi I've had the same problem. I usually felt like I had water in my ears, like when you get water in your ears after showering or swimming, constant feeling of fullness.

I had my ears candled twice and for me the results were amazing. The feeling of fullness went away almost immediately.

Alot of spas are offering this treatment. I read up on it and there were alot people saying it just didn't work.

My experience with it has been completely beneficial. They charged me $25 for both ears. I would recommend it, Ritatheresa
  5. acesk

acesk New Member

Thanks for all of the ideas! I found out today that my Mom started taking Lunesta for sleep 2 months ago and that Lunesta can cause "cold like systems" and "lightheadness" and "dizzyness".

I will recommend the Benadryl, going off Lunesta and the ear candling.

Thanks!
    Sue in Florida