Help with post viral fatigue!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulwin, Feb 7, 2006.

1. paulwin

paulwin New Member

Hi,

Had a recent bout with the flu that set me back for awhile. Now 98% of the symptoms are gone but a heavy fatigue has set in. I have heard that this can be an auto immune component of this DD, when the immune system does not turn off after defeating the virus but now just attacks your body. I am taking big doses of vitamin c around 30 grams a day, echinacea, and about to start on colostrum which is where transfer factor comes from ( and I like better than transfer factor works much better for me and is much cheaper). I am very interested if anyone has had any success with post viral fatigue and what they did about it.

thanks and all of you are heroes in my book.

Paul
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

This is exactly what I am going through right now. I am absolutely exhausted!!! I had a cold,then to bronchitis. I took a round of anti-biotics, "Z Pack".

Anyway, I am still having trouble with no appetite. I also am taking extra vitamin C - the liquid drink "Emergen C"

Paul, how long has this been going on with you? Heavy fatigue sure describes this.

I just did a web seach on post viral fatigue and said it can take three weeks to three months to get your energy levels back. Along with a good multi vitamin, co Q 10, and fish oil supplements. I have Transfer Factor but did not take it yet.

I will try anything...
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2006]