Help with reading my results please

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by LISALOO, Aug 12, 2007.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Okay, so confused. SO FFC said I have lyme, take stuff, then on my next apt dr said I should have never been treated, I was negative.

My Igenix results were:
    IGG - Band 41 IND, 58 - Pos
    IGM - Band 37, 41, IND, 39 & 66 pos

Do I have lyme according to the new standards?
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Who told you that you don't have it? FFC? Did they change their minds, or was it a different doctor?

FFC is nortoruous for telling people that they don't have lyme when they actually do. This happened to my sister and me. Thank goodness we swtiched dr. and are now getting better!

Does it say positive on the bottom of the test? With so many positive bands, and your symptoms, many llmd's would treat it as lyme.

3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I believe we had the same dr. Dr Mustafa. If was someone in her office, I think the office manager who called, said I had lyme, put me on cumanda, etc. Felt like crap, then a little better. Then I had my phone consult with Dr. M, she said, Oh no, you don't have LYME.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2007]
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Yes you do need another doctor. Do you still live in WI or are you in Michigan? I don't know any drs in WI, but there are at least 4 to chose from in Michigan.

If you will come to MI to be treated, google Michigan Lyme association. Then contact Linda our president and she will give you a referral to a good lyme doctor.

good luck to you Lisaloo!!!
  5. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I'm still in WI, just did the FFC long distance.

I will see if WI has a lyme association. That would be a good place to start. Thank you.