Help with Stomach Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I had posted that along with my FMS, I started having dull stomach pain. PCP put me on Protonix and it helped for awhile

Had Upper GI Xray (nasty) and H Pylori Test, Abdominal Ultrasound. Only thing these tests showed is Hiatal Hernia and GERD

Last couple of nights, I started really having contant dull pain and my stomach is gurgling so loud that it is keeping me up at nights.

I called the doctors office and want to know if Hiatal hernia and GERD could cause this pain. Of course they said, doc will have to get back to you. Well WHO KNOWS when that will be

Meanwhile, I am miserable. When I eat, I am good for about an hour, and then it flairs up. Feels like my stomache is twisting and turning

I know he is going to say to have an Endoscopy, because he was REALLY pushing for that (Can he see the $$$$ signs??) I really don't want to have one done as the last time I had anesthesia, I developed CFS

I know you might think that this does not belong on FMS board, but I am DESPERATE

Also he told me NO dietary restrictions. Well I had a Pepsi the other day and felt just horrible afterwards. I am trying to be careful about my diet, but I am not sure what is good or bad for me
  2. shell

shell New Member

I have been experiencing stomach pain recently also. Pepsi seems to flare me bad. I had such intense pain one night that I was just sure it couldn't be gerd and that I must be having gall bladder or some other problems and went to the ER. Basically diagnosed as GERD. It is a horrible place when you have all of these things and you are not sure if it could be something worst or not. Just make sure you rule out everything else ... sucks we have to do that.
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

this is exactly what i just went to doc for.

he gave me protonix and said to get gallbladder cked.

stomach gurgling is very loud also. does yours do it even after eating?

maybe the pepsi problem is the carbonation. my dad would let his root beer go flat.

sorry i cant help more as im stuck on this one myself.

im thinking its what were eating or meds.

hang in there