Help with strange reaction when sweating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monica33flowers, Sep 23, 2010.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

About a month ago I came down with a viral infection and became dehydrated. When I was sick whenever I would start to get hot my entire body would itch and feel prickly. It felt similar to when I've had an allergic reaction to a drug. I would take a couple benadryl and the itching would stop.

I haven't had any med changes in over 3 months, so I doubt this is anything "drug" related. But lately whenever I start to get hot I get that itchy prickly feeling again and it just keeps getting worse. I have to get out the ice packs and cool my body down and the itching/prickling has really become bad. I have been staying well hydrated and this only happens when I start to exert myself or begin to sweat.
  2. Tizz

Tizz New Member

...but I don't sweat normally. In fact, my arms and legs don't sweat at all; they're as dry as lizard's skin even in the hottest weather.

I've wondered about the itching and thought it might be related to fibro, but I'm not sure.

3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

a few possibilities.....

it could actually be meds even though nothing has changed....sometimes it takes awhile to react to something & sometimes new allergies/sensitivities develop

it could also be a new response to something in your diet

there is a form of hives that comes from exercise, so maybe it could be somethign similar to that (I always get that itchy, prickly feeling prior to breaking out in hives, and your body could be responding to any exertion and/or just overheating in as if it is exercise)