Help with thyroid question.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tawra, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Tawra

Tawra New Member

I am going to a new doc tomorrow who specializes in hormones and thyroid.

My question is I have low thyroid symptoms but my thyroid is always normal. Last test it was 1.4. I'm not sure what test it was but I do remember the doc saying it was the most sensitive test for thyroid there is.

Am I wasting my time trying it again. I have CFS and FM for 20 years so my thyroid has been tested a 100 times but I still think it might be low for me.

Any input?

Thanks!! Tawra
  2. luvtusew

luvtusew New Member

I too have had fm for 15 yrs. thyroid tested many times. But recently had symptoms such as near fainting, severe weakness, tiredness beyond my normal fm (after 15 yrs, you know what is normal for fm including those "flares" etc.) I just knew something was wrong. Well, my thyroid was tested just 6 mo. prior to these symptoms it was normal. However when tested again it showed hyperthyroidism. It ended up being graves disease which showed up on the thyroid scan. I am under treatment for this condition. But let me tell you, this has been no picnic coupled with the fm. After radioactive thyroid treatment I am now hypothyroidism and the doc is starting me on thyroidism meds i will have to take daily for the rest of my life. My advise to you is get tested again just to be on the safe side. Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism symptoms are similar. Hope this helps.
  3. Tawra

Tawra New Member

I will give it a try again. I just pray this doc can help. I know something else is wrong because I was never depressed with my CFS before.

Thanks for the input!! Tawra