HELP WITH UNDERSTANDING

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by lovabuga, Aug 14, 2003.

1. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

HI EVERYONE,I'M NEW TO THIS BOARD BUT THE FIBRO BOARD SENT ME HERE.WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS SOME INFO ON GETTING MY HUSBAND TO UNDERSTAND AND HELP.AFTER YEARS OF PAIN AND PROBLEMS HE IS THE ONE WHO SAW A PROGRAM IN FMS.HE WANTED ME TO GET AN OPINION SO I DID AFTER THE DIAGNOSIS HE SEEMED TO THINK..OK THAT'S IT I DID MY PART.IS THERE ANY INFO I CAN PRINT OUT TO GET HIM TO UNDERSTAND AND START HELPING.RIGHT NOW HE HAS A HARD TIME HANDLING THIS AND WHEN I SAY IT'S A BAD DAY HE FINDS SOME REASON TO HIGH TAIL IT OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR THE DAY.WHAT CAN I DO? DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH A SPOUSE?

LOVABUGA
  2. Shas

Shas New Member

I can sympathise with you. I care for my disabled daughter now 25 and hubby is not much support at all, but I could 'handle' that. Now though I have been dx with a chronic illness and hubby is having a hard time - he won't even discuss it with me, as for the 'understanding/help' - well I'd like some advice too.
    Sorry I haven't got some advice for you, but just to let you know you are not alone - not that it's much comfort to you :(
    Take Care
    Hugs
    Shas
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you go to the CFS/FM board, click on the first post, Pro Health offers free brochures for those with CFS/FM.

You can order as many as 99 at one time. They explain the symptoms and both illnessess in a brief way. The postage is also free.

I give them to everyone I know, and my son and daughter hand them out at their jobs, and also my son's University.

It is some help for us to be understood.

Will say a prayer for all of you.

Shalom, Shirl