Help with use of Bromelain for CFS/ME

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Luke P, May 28, 2016.

1. Luke P

Luke P Member

Hi everyone, I'm pondering over the use of bromelain supplement (I have severe CFS/PVFS, also chronic lower back pain and chronic bronchitis) - the question is, to be taken with meals, or between? As it had very different effects. With meals it's a powerful protein-digesting enzyme, between it reputedly has other properties such as anti-inflammatory and help with 'physical stress'. I am combining it with Monolaurin and forskolin. I've built these up slowly to avoid herxing. I am also on several other supplements but most of these are very gentle/ have been taking for a long time.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Luke
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Hi....and welcome

I've been taking bromalain for about 2 weeks now. I had read that it's very helpful for sinus infection which I think is lingering with me. After the first day I noticed it had opened up my sinuses so I could breathe better, and helped to relieve the pressure. I take it between meals. But I'm hoping it will also help with the fatigue and pain from FM. I was reading yesterday that it seems to be good for everything, including lung cancer that has metastasized.....amazing.
  3. Luke P

Luke P Member

Thanks for that. I'm trying between meals but not at all sure if that is best for CFS (especially since many people have digestion issues with CFS).
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Luke,

I just wanted to welcome you to our website. I, unfortunately cannot help with your questions but there are probably others, like Sunflower, who can share info with you. I have taken nattokinase to help with fibrin in the blood and I Herxed like crazy. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  5. Luke P

Luke P Member

Thanks for the welcome, Mikie : )
  6. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

Hi, Luke --

Have you been taking bromelain along with quercetin?

I noticed that you mentioned chronic bronchitis. When I was ill with severe bronchitis, this combo was recommended to me. It helped, and -- either I don't remember, or it couldn't have been that severe -- I don't remember herxing.

You can read more here at the ProHealth Shop:
    https://www.prohealth.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/PH25

Start slowly. And the usual disclaimer: check with your doc, and check for any interactions with prescription medications or other supps.

I always follow the label instructions on supps, regarding taking with or between meals.

Just something to consider.

Good luck. And welcome to the Board.

Diane
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  7. Luke P

Luke P Member

Cheers, Diane, that's helpful.

Luke