Help with wrists for comp?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, May 7, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I know that this is a very simple question and there are so many things more important.

I love the board - it takes my mind off of "me" and I think of others.

My wrists and hands have OA - typing isn't good but that darn mouse hurts me soooo much. Do you wrap? My PCPj said no to any type of support.df

I know that this is very minor ----but I hurt!!!

Gentle Hugs and Love to all

Joan
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

1. Go to a medical supply store and get a wrist brace. You don't need an Rx for one although if you could get one insurance might cover it.

2. Get a trackball to replace the mouse. You only have to move a finger instead of your whole hand and wrist.

God Bless.
  3. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I use gel-packs that I keep in the fridge - so cushy and cool mmmmm.

When the one I'm using loses it's cool, I toss it back in the fridge and get out a new cold one.

I keep some in the freezer too that I use in the summer, or when I have alot of joint pain.

They're great for chilling out :)

I think I'll look into the trackball mouse, too. Was it awkward at first, P & Unicornk?

Roseblossom

4. leubie

leubie New Member

Joan, Hey !!!! This is not minor--------its actally a very good question b/c there are a lot of us w/ this probelm-------and other wrist probelms--------------I have severe carpal tunnel in BOTH WRIST-------Doc wants me to have surgery on both------but i have to have a sinus surgery first-------I work in bakery 40 hours a week-------wrist (and everything) always hurt---------------Go to a drugstore and get the wristbrace----------I sleep in mine every night------makes a big difference!!!!!IM GLAD you ask this b/c we got alot of good suggetions!!!!!love to all------LAURA