Help Work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srh, Apr 13, 2006.

1. srh

srh New Member

I need someone to calm me down. No mad, well maybe but it comes out bawling instead.

I have really been getting bad the last few months.
    We have had some people get fired, then some leave. Anyway most of the rest of us have been doing the phones.

It is getting hard for me to multi task and be presentable on the phone and still know what i'm doing. The other day I went blank completely and couldn't remember how to answer so i finally just said hello.

Went to my immediate supervisor (Should have known better) and tried to explain to him it was hard for me to do the phones. Even offered to take back a job he had asked someone else to help me with if I could just get a let up on the phones. I have been here 12 years and there are so many things i could request with this disease and i never have.

One of the gals that just joined this year sometime, gets busy and sits there and lets the phone ring off the hook.

Was i wrong on my request. What can I do now? Can't go to the boss now.(Which i should have done in the 1st place)

Just wanting some ideas maybe so I can at least quit bawling. Never said he would try or nothing, just told me not to answer on the 1st ring. Never offered to talk to the rest of them or anything. He can be so cold sometimes.

thanks for letting me vent.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

srh:
    You rest up. Do not answer on the first ring and know that your boss probably does not understand. Just do what you can and if you can not have a doctor's note or a heart-to-heart talk with bossie.

No more tears, ok?

hugs,

nyrofan
  3. srh

srh New Member

Thanks need all the hugs i can get.
    Appreciate your advice
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

babes right what a stressful time youre having!
    Let the phone ring cant you get your doctor to write or ring your boss to explain your predicament?
    Its so hard for us being so ill stress makes us worse but there is stress everywhere.
    Here are some gentle hugs ((((((((( for you.
    I hope thinks work out for you.
    Fibrolady37.