Help Working with Fog for Brains

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srh, Apr 22, 2006.

1. srh

srh New Member

I still work. I have to as long as I can. My husband has been disabled for several years.

My question is. Is there something that will help with the fog. I am getting bad. Can't concentrate unless I have a hard task. Everyday things bore me and make me worse, because all I do is think about the pain. Everyday decisions are even becoming a problem.

I have always been able to remember and work fast and now I can't.
    Anyone have any suggestions.
    Thank you
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

prescribed Provigil for me. It helps with my fibrofog. Some people didn't get any help, though. Read the post on Provigil.

I also take CoQ10 and chromium picolinate. They help with the fibrofog too. Some people swear by Gingko Biloba or ginseng.

I also try to do mental "exercises" as much as possible. It keeps the brain "fit". Try crossword puzzles, reading, games, etc.

Good luck and God Bless.

3. srh

srh New Member

Thank you. Have to go in Monday a.m. to doc and will ask him about it.

Is there several sizes? What did you start on? Any side effects that you've noticed?

So many pills. Where does it end. Whether it's RX or natural, for all our symtoms we need to own a drug store.

Read the other post and was very informative. My problem is I don't know what the drugs are to begin with, so don't know what to look for. Need to do a search.

Thanks again.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I take 200mg every morning...or when I get up. LOL
  5. millennia

millennia New Member

Omega 3 oils help so much with brain fog. I'm a student and I couldn't get by without them. Not to mention all the other ways your body needs omega 3. They really help me concentrate.