Help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulanndecou, Dec 14, 2005.

1. paulanndecou

paulanndecou New Member

Anyone else out there with fibro find you keep collecting other auto immune deseases... first it was migraines and arthritis, hypoglycemia, than fibromyalgia with all the little extras, and now it's celiac diease... my immune system is shot I'm always sick... exhausted and feel like crap... sorry... but it's true... any suggestions... maybe there is something I and the doc's haven't tried or thought of that might help... all suggestions gladly accepted... thank you...
    hugs to all this holiday season, pooh
  2. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

We all seem to fall into this same situation!

I wish I knew some great advice but I dont...at least not yet!

I have been watching for related health issues and I have found a common thing is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and other digestive problems.

Do you have any digestive problems: IBS, reflux, etc...?

Lena
  3. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

4. paulanndecou

paulanndecou New Member

Yep I've got that going on too... it's miserable... just finished a bunch of tests and surgery to fix a couple of things... new meds for IBS, and acid reflux repair and control... life is fun...
  5. paulanndecou

paulanndecou New Member

Thank you for the reply... I just wish this would get easier... I get something diagnosed and under control some what and something else goes nuts... the med bills are through the roof even with insurance... but thank god for it...
    hugs, pooh
  6. windymountain

windymountain New Member

First off, you are not alone here. What my doc did to help me was to put me on presription strength pancreatin, one with every meal. Then, I did some research and discovered people with fibromyalgia suffer from numerous digestive complaints, including food allergies and intolerances, IBS, nausea, you name it. So, I took myself off all wheat and gluten-containing foods. This requires a bit of reading on your part. I recommend a cookbook called "The Gluten-Free Gourmet, Revised". this book has much information besides just how to cook. I also added betaine hydrochloride (from health food store)after meat-containing meals to aid digestion further, but if my stomach hurts I cut those out for a while. I have been noticing that ice cream does not digest the same as other foods. Now, if I eat something with gluten in it, I feel sick within 48-72 hours for a day or two. Hmmmm.... You have nothing to lose. Give it a try. You may have a candida overgrowth, too, which requires anti-fungal treatment. Candida is not yeast, even though it is called that a lot. It is a fungus. It lives in your system in higher quantities when your immune system is shot, like ours.
  7. paulanndecou

paulanndecou New Member

Sorry it took so long to get back... having issues with the Holidays and exhaustion... everything was homemade this year, we had an old fashion Christmas, it was wonderful and so much fun... but as you all can probably relate, I did too much... Thank you so much for all the helpful advice... anything is worth checking into... I truly have to watch the glutten closely or it throws me in a tailspin really quick... no hours here, it's moments... and with the Hypo... it's really been a test... no sugar or I fly really fast and high than crash hard, and sleep for hours... when I have a good day it's great... I feel so much better since elimenating sugar and gluten from diet... so I have to watch it or I push myself too hard, and too fast and get in trouble with the fibro... but all in all life is getting better... hoping everyone is having Happy Holiday's... hugs, pooh