Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ritatheresa, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new here, I posted once or twice a few months back.

Well, I'm at my wits end, to say the least.

The worst symptom for me has been the fatigue, thank goodness the pain has subsided to a bearable point.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea last year after years of complaining of horrible fatigue. The CPAP treatment was not effective. I chose to have the UVP surgery. Needless to say it didn't help.

Right now, I'm not working, am living on peanuts from short term disability and am so terrified.

I'm an RN and I can not imagine going back to work. I honestly do not know how I made it this far. It truly is a miracle.

I recently had a sleep study and the results showed that 80% of my sleep is in stage 2, 0.7% in stage 3, 0% in stage 4, and 5.9% in REM.

The fatigue level I am feeling is so unbearable, my memory is horrible, anxiety is worse.

I've been on Provigil for about a year and it does help some, but I'm barely functioning.

I don't believe that I'm depressed, just really, really exhausted.

I'm feeling extremely hopeless, does anyone have any suggestions?

I've seen a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia, a neurologist who wants me to see a neuropsychologist. I'm scheduled for an MRI.

I have a ten year old daughter and it's just me and her, my family has been somewhat supportive but they really don't get it. They're expecting me to snap out of this and are very frustrated with me.

I know I'm just rambling on and I'm sorry but I'm feeling desperate.

I'm really afraid and the bills keep piling up. Please pray for me, as I will for everyone else. Ritatheresa

2. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

I'm so sorry you're going thru this, I know exactly how you feel. My hubby is in denial and what's worse is that we are going thru some major financial problems, I haven't worked in 2 months, just found out today that my unemployment was denied, and don't know how we're gonna pay our rent.

Hang in there! God will always get us thru these times.

Regene
  3. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Thanks Regene, I'm gonna bump for more responses