Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lacycolleen, Oct 1, 2006.

1. lacycolleen

lacycolleen New Member

My partner of 20 years has recently been diagnosed with FM. She is in contant pain and can't do anything anymore. What is the best treatment for FM? Is there anything that can be done to relieve the chronic pain and fatigue? What can I do to help her? I feel very helpless!
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Welcome! You'll find lots of help here. Do some searches, especially for Stormyskye under username. She has alot of research written up here. Also, search for "My Road to Remission" under Title and Content. Stormy has alot of stuff there.

You'll discover that what works for one person doesn't always work for another. You have to try different treatments. But give one treatment a chance before you give it up. It took Lyrica over a month to work for me.

Your partner is lucky to have you. FM is a tough road to travel, but it is easier when you're not alone. Keep reading and posting. You'll find alot of friends here.

God Bless.
  3. lacycolleen

lacycolleen New Member

I appreciate all the help I can get for her. Is Lyrica a prescription drug or over the counter? I haven't heard of that. I have heard of Saloxin, their info says if works great but don't know if you can believe all that. Thanks for your help.
  4. lacycolleen

lacycolleen New Member

She is taking so many drugs for what they wanted to diagnosis as RA but she doesn't really have that proved through the blood work. They even put her on Methadone, that didn't help with the pain either.
  5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Lyrica is a prescription drug. I have been on it for about 6 months now and have had some good results. It has not taken all my pain away but it has made things more bearable and possible for me to even get out and do things.

I am on a few drugs not just Lyrica. It took awhile to find a combination that worked for me and me and my doctor are always trying to tweak it to make things better.

FM is hard to deal with, your partner is very lucky to have someone who cares and is willing to go through this with them.
  6. lacycolleen

lacycolleen New Member

How much do you take of these? Sounds like something she could try right away that might make a difference. Also, have you ever tried a Memory Foam Mattress, and if so, did it help you? Thanks for all the info. Colleen