help

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Tearz4Fears, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Tearz4Fears

Tearz4Fears New Member

I am looking to make friends on board or to have someone with skills that can be supportive.... I am so alone and hurt emotionally so bad ... hopeing that this site is good for me and alot of other people as well not sure im suppose to list my id messenger on here ..
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

Is your problem depression or do you have other medical conditions as well? There are several boards
    on this site including a depression board. I visit the chit chat board every day. It is a nice break from
    talking about illness.

If you visit my profile, you can see what has helped me and what you might like to try. Just
    click on my name above. If it doesn't work, just try later.

You can find the board rules in the upper right corner. I don't know what id messenger is, but I
    know e mail addresses are not allowed.

Good luck

Rock
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Along with getting support and making friends here (depression or other medical boards here) - I know that you mentioned you spend a lot of time on the computer.
    Do you have any other interests? Anything at all?
    Can you look up those sites that interest you? Many sites have message boards where you can discuss those topics. Might be a little reprieve for you to have a few moments to take your mind off things.

Maybe you can tell us more about what you're going through - do you have family?

Yeah, this site doesn't do the messenger thing. =(

Janalynn
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Another way to help yourself is to locate local Depression groups meeting in your area and attend them. They allow you to meet people who are depressed, listen to speakers and get information on helping yourself. The one in my area is very good. Call the Mental Health Society in your area to find out.