help

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by briz1965, May 11, 2010.

1. briz1965

briz1965 New Member

nothing works. i'v tried everything. waking up hurts. the fibromyalgia is getting worse it hurts to do anything anymore. i'm not the one to ask for help i'm use to doing everything by myself. i have had fm for 10 yrs. now just hoping it will get better, i don't work i want to real bad, can't get ssi. wish i knew where to turn from here. soph
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Im sorry youre finding yourself worse. Like yourself Ive gotten exponentially worse the last 2 yrs. And YES it is hard to ask for help when youre an "I can do it" person. Im one of those as well. But ask for help you must. If you cant do it, you cant do it. The increase in symptoms is what brought me to this board...seeking answers and information. The bonus is finding people that totally understand what it is to be me. Im not sure why you cant get on ssi since you didnt elaborate. A spouse who makes too much perhaps? Get as much info as you can. And cut yourself some slack. Pushing thru will only make things worse.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I hate it that nothing works for you and that your fibro is getting worse.

This is what I take ..... just wonder if you have tried any of it:

Neurontin (or Lyrica) - I take the Neurontin, I tried Lyrica but it just didn't work for me.

Cymbalta - I take 30 mg in the AM and 30 mg in the PM ... I tried the 60 mg at once in the AM but it made me so sleepy all day that I couldn't stand it ... when the doc divided the dose so I took half in the am and half in the pm, it now works so much better.

Zanaflex - a muscle relaxer that I take at night before bed ... I take 6 mg. ... Elavil worked well for me to help me sleep, but it made me too sleepy when I was working because I had to get up at 4:30 am, but now that I am retired, I could probably go back on it. It is really inexpensive, too.

I also had a Sleep Study done and found out that I have obstructive sleep apena and was getting hardly any of the proper type of sleep each night. I now sleep with a CPAP machine and oxygen piped into the CPAP. It has done wonders.

I also use ice packs and/or a heating pad ... it's according on how I hurt, and where I hurt.

I do not take any supplements or anything like that.

You didn't say why you couldn't get SSI, or SSDI if you worked enough quarters, so I don't know what to comment on that. There is a difference if: (1) you are not eligible for either, or (2) you were turned down. Because if you were just turned down, you can re-apply and maybe someone here could help you if you tell us WHY they told you that you were turned down.

You didn't say how old you are. I am 59 and have had fibro, cfs, and systemic lupus since I was in grade school ... they just did not know what to call it then. I also have a ton of other major illnesses (listed in my bio).

I hope you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
    JLH