Help?

Discussion in 'New Forums Layout' started by Ashley368, Dec 2, 2016 at 12:19 AM.

1. Ashley368

Ashley368 Member

i was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm 18, female. About a month ago I started experiencing burning before and after peeing urinating but it usually goes away within a few minutes after peeing. I'm worried it could be an std. I asked my mom who's a paramedic and she said that wasn't what it is. But im still scared. Any responses or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Ashley,

I am so glad you found us. If you re-post this under the General Health Forum as a stand-alone post, I think you will get more response. It's a bit confusing in the beginning learning all our forums and navigating to the ones you want to use.

Any burning when urinating should be checked out with a doc. It could be the beginning of a urinary tract infection. The same is true if you suspect it could be an std. Every woman who is sexually active should be seeing her gyno at least once a year for a checkup and to get contraception, if she uses it. My daughter was only 17 when the doc found a pre-cancerous polyp on her cervix. Having it checked out saved her life.

I hope you will get to know us and let us get to know you. Good luck with this and, please, get it checked out.

Love, Mikie