Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Holly_RN, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Holly_RN

Holly_RN New Member

Hi,
    I haven't been around much becuase my mother has been ill, and had surgery, and we are still dealing with her medical issues, but she seems to be doing better. I am still messing around with this shoulder impingement. It just isn't getting better. I have taken an oral course of steroids, a shot of them, and I just had my 2nd shot of steroids into the joint itself last Monday. The first shot into the joint, didn't really hurt that bad, but it also didn't help much. I'm trying to do physical therapy, but it's rough. The second shot, last Monday sent my whole shoulder upside down. I have a sneaking suspicion, it flared the Fibro. Has anyone else had this happen? Now, since that second shot, it hurts way more than it did before I even went to the Dr. in the first place. The Dr. said, if it wasn't better by Mid November, he wanted to do orthoscopic surgery, and clean out the joint. My other shoulder has begun to hurt as well, probably from overuse, and guarding the right side. I was just wondering if anyone ever had shots into their joints, and it flared their Fibro. I am so tight, and drawn, it makes me want to scream. I'd really appreciate any input, and any advice on what to do next.
    Thanks in Advance
    With friendship,
    ~Holly_RN~
  2. Holly_RN

Holly_RN New Member

Hi,
    I haven't been around much becuase my mother has been ill, and had surgery, and we are still dealing with her medical issues, but she seems to be doing better. I am still messing around with this shoulder impingement. It just isn't getting better. I have taken an oral course of steroids, a shot of them, and I just had my 2nd shot of steroids into the joint itself last Monday. The first shot into the joint, didn't really hurt that bad, but it also didn't help much. I'm trying to do physical therapy, but it's rough. The second shot, last Monday sent my whole shoulder upside down. I have a sneaking suspicion, it flared the Fibro. Has anyone else had this happen? Now, since that second shot, it hurts way more than it did before I even went to the Dr. in the first place. The Dr. said, if it wasn't better by Mid November, he wanted to do orthoscopic surgery, and clean out the joint. My other shoulder has begun to hurt as well, probably from overuse, and guarding the right side. I was just wondering if anyone ever had shots into their joints, and it flared their Fibro. I am so tight, and drawn, it makes me want to scream. I'd really appreciate any input, and any advice on what to do next.
    Thanks in Advance
    With friendship,
    ~Holly_RN~
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi Holly,
    I had arthroscopic surgery to clean out my shoulder about 10 years ago and, despite a slow recovery, I have almost full use of my shoulder. I am glad I had it done. Prior to the surgery, the doctor gave me shots in the joint. When he wanted to repeat, I politely told him that if he got within 10 feet of me with that needle, he'd eat it. I got absolutely no relief from the shots and wound up spending about 3 days in bed it hurt so bad. My current doctor gives me lidocaine in the trigger points, and they do help somewhat. I can't say what will work for you, because we are all different, but I do know that I will NEVER have the joint injections again.
    Kathryn
  4. OneOfSix

OneOfSix New Member

Isn't MSM supposed to be good for healthy joint tissues?

I've heard good things about it. Maybe do a search?

5. smano

smano New Member

Funny that u brought this up but i am just about done with PT for a shoulder impingement thatwent from bad to worse I needed the surgery. I have always suspected that the FM/CFS played a big role in me getting that in the first place and I have taken a long time to heal also. I was an athlete once and now i am just falling apart makes you want to scream!.

You might want to consider the surgery at some point , nothing helped mr not even sterioid shots, but the shoulder is feeling better now, just very stiff in the morning!

Hope it gets better!

Steve