HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lazygrant, Oct 30, 2002.

1. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

i don't feel good! most of you don't. i've been fighting this onset (maybe a flare) for a couple weeks. its starting to hit hard, how do i stop it from becoming worse? i can't afford to be ill right now, boy doesn't that sound stupid, none of us can. i've had the runs for a about a week, couple times a day. horrible headaches, neck aches, shoulders, indigestion, blurred vision. muscle cramps. i've been drinking water, eating yogourt, taking my vitamins, my high blood pressure meds, and celexa (anti-depressent) magnesium, tums a couple a day. any more advise?
  2. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

i don't feel good! most of you don't. i've been fighting this onset (maybe a flare) for a couple weeks. its starting to hit hard, how do i stop it from becoming worse? i can't afford to be ill right now, boy doesn't that sound stupid, none of us can. i've had the runs for a about a week, couple times a day. horrible headaches, neck aches, shoulders, indigestion, blurred vision. muscle cramps. i've been drinking water, eating yogourt, taking my vitamins, my high blood pressure meds, and celexa (anti-depressent) magnesium, tums a couple a day. any more advise?
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm sorry this is so miserable for you! My best advise? Try--and believe me, I'm the first one to realize how very hard this is--- try not to let the anxiety over this latest flare get the better of you. I swear, when I start into a miserable period with worsening or new symptoms, I instantly become super-anxious ("How long will this go on? Will it get worse??!")---and then everything just snowballs & becomes EVEN worse. It's only when I can calm the anxiety levels down, that I start to slowly notice I'm feeling better. Get as much rest/sleep as you can (obviously tough when you are feeling so bad) try to stay calm, and hopefully you'll start to get through this little by little. Keep reading this board, there's always some good nuggets of info and lots of support! Good luck, Lazy, and hope you are noticing improvement soon..

Hugs,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 10/31/2002]
  4. selma

selma New Member

YES,

Get Yourself to a Dr.!!!!! Fear is a great motivator and also a great stressor. You don't deserve this illness.

You are a child of GOD. Treat yourself as you know He would want.

Love, Selma

5. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

okay, im gonna try with the positive attitude. TRY. i read your posts, then the tears flow. I've had this dd disease for 12 years. I still can't cope, im better, but when something hits, it hits hard. I think im stressing. my husband was just diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, a progressive lung disease, he is 43 years old! he has been ill for about 3 months. he doesn't even have the strenght to give me one of his famous hugs. i feel so bad for him. and his company doesn't have sick days. he has been trying to work a couple hrs a day. if and when he get draw disability he can't have disability insur for 2 years after. isn't that absurd. i have to stay strong for him. you guys keep helping me okay. im staying on these board. i appreciate you's so much