help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sickntired, Nov 16, 2002.

1. sickntired

sickntired New Member

My dad found this website to help me out. I recently was diagnosed with FMS, actually my doctor, a Rheumatologist, told me she didn't have a diagnosis for me yet, well, except for Fibromyalgia! Like that is nothing! I sure wish she could walk a day in my shoes. I have a hard time bending, sitting, lifting, you name it, she, however, told me she didn't see anything to indicate that I shouldn't be able to work. I am a cook in a grade school for about 750 kids and stand 6 to 6 1/2 hours a day!! I need to find a doctor that specializes in FMS in my area, Southeastern Wisconsin....any advice??!! I'm at my wits end, I'm 38 going on 88! This is no quality of life for me or my family!
  2. sickntired

sickntired New Member

My dad found this website to help me out. I recently was diagnosed with FMS, actually my doctor, a Rheumatologist, told me she didn't have a diagnosis for me yet, well, except for Fibromyalgia! Like that is nothing! I sure wish she could walk a day in my shoes. I have a hard time bending, sitting, lifting, you name it, she, however, told me she didn't see anything to indicate that I shouldn't be able to work. I am a cook in a grade school for about 750 kids and stand 6 to 6 1/2 hours a day!! I need to find a doctor that specializes in FMS in my area, Southeastern Wisconsin....any advice??!! I'm at my wits end, I'm 38 going on 88! This is no quality of life for me or my family!
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

To the board. You need a good doctor, I cannot even cook a full meal anymore, I could not imagine cooking for 750 kids these days.

I have Fibro more or less under control right now, but would not push myself too much.

I hope one of our members are in your area and can recommend a good doctor for you that is familiar with FM/CFS.

You can go to the 'HOME' page at the top left of this page, click on the right side of that board where it says; 'Doctor Referral', they have several doctors in Wisconsin. Hopefully one of them is close to your home.

Again, welcome to the board, and I do wish you luck.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 11/16/2002]
  4. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Welcome to the board. It just melted my heart when you said your dad found this website for you. How much he must love you...you are so blessed to have a dad that cares that much for you. I loved my dad very much but he is gone now, but still feel very close to him in spirit.

Anyway, I want to welcome you to the board. There is lots of good advice here. Such wonderful caring people to help.

I certainly can relate to you being on your feet all the time. Been there, done that and it isn't easy. I am able to work full time yet. I had to make a job description change (still work in the same department but do a different job) because I knew if I stayed where I was my days would definitely be limited as I was spending more and more time in Physical Therapy. I couldn't take the lifting and and bending anymore. Just thankful my boss understood and when the job became available, he asked me if I would apply. There are still some good bosses out there.

Sorry I can't help you with a doctor but I'm sure there will be someone to come along soon with the answer. That's one thing nice about this board. There is always someone to help. Take Care.

Love,
    Arlene

5. karen55

karen55 New Member

to the board. I don't have any helpful advice for you but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here, so I'm sure you'll get some information, and at the very least, a lot of support.