HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheshi16, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Sheshi16

Sheshi16 New Member

I wrote a message last night and have not had any responses. This is pretty depressing. I am really just looking for me people taht understand what I am going through. Someone else who understands the pain.
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Hi Sheshi6,

I am also new to the board. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 6 months ago although I have had it for years. I know how hard it is to find support and people who understand what your going through. Family and friends sometimes can be hurtful and judgemental. I am looking forward to making new friends who also understand what I am going through. I also am dealing whith RA, Gout and degenrative disk disease and life is not easy sometimes, but with the help of others who are going through the same thing we can find support. I look forward to getting to know everyone on the board and remember your not alone in this.
    Gentle hug,
    Jeanna
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Sorry your first post went un-noticed~ I went and read it and we have alot in common~ we're about the same age,we have jerk Drs. that don't have a clue~ We have 3 kids.....My oldest is 22 and the younger ones are 10 and 6.
    This disease is very painful!!! and the meds I get only take the edge off the pain! I'm considering asking for a referrel to a pain management clinic.(I've heard they are better at treating chronic pain)Time will tell.
    My pain meds are Darvecet,and for my frequent headaches I get something called Fiorecet.I take elavil and a melatonin at night to help me sleep~
    I've beeen sick for 10 yrs now~ I stopped working because of my illnesses awhile ago.I miss getting out and earning a living.....but it got to a point where i just could'nt hold on anymore!I was wearing myself out,which as I'm sure you know-Can make are conditions alot worse!!
    I've been in a flare for some time now.I also have alot of stomach problems.(IBS) And I have Uterine growths called Endometriosis! You can check people bio's by clicking on they're underlined name. If theres a subject you need to research or questions you may have ,you can do a search here at the top of the page.Just enter in the search box and go!!
    Hope to hear more from you~ I'm sure others will come around too.Its pretty slow on the weekends.....way faster/busier during the week.
    Nice to meet you!
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  4. WendyC

WendyC New Member

Hi Sheshi
    Love the name. You've found a good place here. Don't feel neglected sometimes there is a lot of responses and sometimes not. I know for myself sometimes I have limited energy and time and I just look for certain posts. I have FM too, been sick for two years now. Still working but its a strain. Also have the whole grocery bag of other stuff like raynauds, IBS, endo the list goes on. It can get depressing, I know but you'll find lots of support here. You can check some of the posts, it might be helpful, like what people take for pain meds or how to tell your family off if they need it. Welcome

WendyC
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Somehow I missed your post last night, I was on the board till 1am (EST), but that happens. We seem to have a lot of new people on the weekends, and our regular members are not always here then. So please accept my apology for missing you.

We do have some terrific, understanding people here who do know what your pain is on a daily basic. I have had Fibro for over 20 years, raised three children, took care of a Day Care Center and sick parents. I know where you are coming from, just like a lot of others on this board.

I do hope you feel welcome now, as I see our good people have welcomed you.

You take care, and I did answer your original post, so that will bump it back up to the top of the page so others will see it.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. bejo

bejo New Member

I went back and read your first post.I'm sorry I can't help about meds.But I do want to welcome you.It's always good to have new people finding this site. bejo