Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Copingwithhim, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Copingwithhim

Copingwithhim New Member

Help

Hello my husband has been recently diagnosed with CFS but who knows for sure. Here are some of his symptoms

1. A head ache that started 20 years ago
    2. He sweats profusely, his pillow will be soaked
    3. He runs a low grad temp, around 101o
    4. He has panic attacks
    5. He sleeps at the drop of a hat and can sleep all day long and all night long.
    6. His pituitary glad has shut down; this may be due to the paxil he is taking. He now gets shots of hormones
    7. Achyness all over
    8. Just a general confusion from time to time. I’ve caulked this up to all the pain medicine he’s been on.

Does this fit the bill?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. I just stopped to welcome you, I have Fibromyalgia, so will let those who have CFS answer your post concerning your husband.

I am so sorry to hear he is so ill, its sad that no one seems to be able to help with these illnesses.

Good luck, and I hope you both get help soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many, if not most, with CFIDS have some kind of stealth infection which doesn't necessarily show up with the usual lab tests. Systemic yeast problems, mycoplasma bacteria, and Herpes-family viruses are the usual suspects.

The best thing to do is to learn all you can about our illnesses and find a good doc, if you don't already have one, who will work with you to help you get rid of, or at least control of, these infections. Seems that the infections cause hypercoagulation of the blood cutting off oxygen to the body. This may also need to be treated.

You can do a search and bring up old posts on these topics and you can use the library here for research. Unless underlying infections are addresses, it is impossible to get better.

Love, Mikie