helped by thyroid meds.... anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Mar 1, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

despite normal test? Or abnormal test- would like to hear from all. going to check out this avenue also in two weeks. another new doctor..icky! going to ride my horse now. will pay later.
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2003]
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I just read about the new thyroid ranges on Dr. Mercola's site this morning.
    The new upper limit for TSH is only 3.04. This is much lower than before, and many more people will be dx'd with hypothyroidism. Dr. Mercola cautions against using synthetic hormones to correct this, because T3 is usually the problem not T4, and people who take synthetics long-term become dependent for life.
    His site is just his last name, so you can easily find the article and read it. I am already taking the selenium and iodine he recommends. Maybe that's why my TSH is now 2.5,whereas when I first got FMS my TSH was 4.2.
    Klutzo
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I tested within the "normal range" but my doc decided that we would try 25 mcgms. of Synthroid to try to treat my symptoms. It has helped me, not dramatically, but every little bit helps.

Love, Mikie
  4. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I can't figure out these lab test. Here are the results:
    T3 uptake= 30.0, T4= 7.6, TSH= 0.6, Doc said normal! I do not feel normal?? Are these levels low, high, anyone have any ideas?
    thanks for the replys. Going to check out the sites recommended.
    Judy