HELPFUL CFS / FMS TIPS / RULES OF ETIQUETTE...........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Nov 14, 2005.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

PERSONAL HYGIENE TIPS
    1. Decisions about which body part to wash depend on which doctor you're seeing today, i.e., face/ears for the ENT; feet for the podiatrist; arms for blood tests; etc...

2. Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days. However, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.

3. Read labels carefully. Ever notice how much the can of room freshener resembles the can of deodorant?

4. Remember to warn your spouse before kissing if you've just taken your herbal remedies, since your breath now smells like grass.

IN THE KITCHEN...
    1. If you can't remember what it is you're cooking in the pot, whatever it is, it can probably use more salt.

2. Do not toss that cold cup of coffee into the dryer or set the iron in the refrigerator to cool off, no matter how good an idea it may seem at the time.

3. When your husband tells you "Don't worry about dinner, just throw some frozen chicken in the oven and forget it", DON'T forget it.

4. When everything INCLUDING the can opener is dirty, it may be time to wash some dishes.

5. It's bad manners to fall asleep at the table, especially in the food.

6. If you're having a bad day, there's nothing better than pizza and quiet.

7. Never try to multi-task while you're cooking as you'll quickly forget what task you were supposed to be doing where and when and in what order...

DRIVING TIPS
    1. Always place a Post-It Note on the dashboard telling you where you're going. And when you get there, place another on the dashboard that says HOME.

2. Never relieve yourself from a moving vehicle, especially when driving. Don't exit a moving vehicle either, especially when driving.

3. Now that so many cars have remote controls for trunk opening and turning on lights/unlocking doors/setting off alarm, press all the buttons on your remote to find your car.

4. Now that GPS units are coming down in price, it wouldn't be a bad idea to also get a couple... one for you, one for the car.

TIPS FOR ALL OCCASIONS
    1. If you have to vacuum the bed, it's time to change the sheets.

2. If you take the dog for a walk, make sure he knows the way home so he brings you back.

3. Never mind about taking one day at a time. Just stick to one thing at a time.

4. Try to spend at least 45 minutes each morning doing one get-up.

5. Work at learning something new every day, like sitting up, for example...

6. Remember to breathe when napping. It's unnerving to wake up and see vultures staring at you (unless it's Snoopy)

[This Message was Edited on 11/14/2005]
  2. diva2mi

diva2mi New Member

Thanks for the giggles.... am too tired to laugh outright today.
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Thought I'd bust a rib or two laughing! Thanks for sharing . . I'm sending them by e-mail to a few a know who would enjoy!

Jeannettte
  4. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

this is a much much needed laugh!

thought..i may take some of these things seriously lol
  5. fmransom

fmransom New Member

Thanks I needed a good laugh. SOOOO true too ....

Kat
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

These made me laugh out loud!

Now I know what all I have been doing wrong! Hmmmmm!

Thanks,

Kim
  7. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

My rheumy told me the other day in order to get thru the foggy days...make lists and use post it notes but he didn't tell me the one about the "dashboard". I needed that a few days ago when I was about to leave Wal-Mart and couldn't remember where I was supposed to be going.
    Thanks, they helped start my day right.
    Stinker56
  8. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Great tips to live by- Victoria,
    You had me laugh.lol I'm copying them now! In case I forget.lol
    Dee50
  9. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

All so true.

I've learned the hard way:

1. If you're cooking and you can't find the spatula you were using, check the refrigerator before accusing someone of taking it.

2. If you're starting a car, make sure no one is sitting on the hood, even if you're certain you know how to start a car in park.

3. Never, ever try to cook with the dishwasher door open, unless of course you're okay with doing a bellyflop and spilling the food on the floor.

4. If you have FM, the five second rule no longer applies. Five minutes is fine, just as long as a cat doesn't lick it.

5. Peanut butter jelly sandwiches can make a wonderful dish for parties.[This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]
  10. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Thanks for posting. Very funny!!

Dani