Helpful Hint on Editing Your Own Posts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Jan 15, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

If you edit your own post more than once, you can delete the previous "this message was edited on..." comment on the bottom of the post.

In other words, say I want to edit this message three times in one day. If I just edited and left it "as is", the "this message was edited..." would appear three times. While I am in EDIT mode, I can highlight and delete the previous "this message was edited..." comment. Then only the most recent edit date would show up.

Just a helpful hint to help keep messages looking a little neater (IF that kind of thing bothers you. Can you tell I'm anal??!! LOL!!)

Katy
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I could get rid of ALL the "edited" lines at the bottom! :)
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Thanks for the helpful tip. I need all of the help that I can get!!!! LOL

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I just never thought that Tech Support would approve of that, so that is why I have left that multiple times on the board. Good to know that we can delete that.

Could we delete all of it, or does one copy need to stay on the post? Just wondering... Don't want to do anything to upset Tech Support as I have been on their "bad girl" list before. lol

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm glad you guys liked this tip. I didn't know if everyone already knew how to do this and just didn't care if they had a bunch of edits listed. I tend to like to cover up all the times I have to fix something! LOL!!

I figure if it is there in my post when I go to edit it, I have a right to delete it! Tech support hasn't scolded me so far! As far as I can tell, there will always be one edit listed--the date of the last one you did. You can delete all the ones you see and one will still show up.

Thanks for not making me feel like an idiot for posting this! Small victories!

Katy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2006]